Discussion: Schiff: Mueller Likely Filed Charges Against Either Flynn Or Manafort

2 Likes

He’s just having fun now. Slightly mean, nasty fun. I like that about him.

38 Likes

Please, please, please let it be Manafort. It couldn’t happen to a more deserving person not named Trump.

10 Likes

Indeed. I just had a pang of the memory of fitzmas the giddy and the dismay. Let’s hope this plays out differently.

8 Likes

The Times, the Post and NPR still refuse to go with the story. Seems like they havent been able to confirm. Have the others been punked?

1 Like

That’s been my big concern, that the reporting is wrong. NBC confirmed ithe CNN report through their sources, but they could be the same sources. The one thing everyone who has ever worked with Mueller seem to agree upon is that the leak did not come from Mueller’s team.

14 Likes

I guess it’s Washington speak, this question of is he or isn’t he investigating the President. Because of course he is! Come on. This whole special prosecutor thing didn’t get started to get Carter Page or Tiffany. They’re looking at the President-for Obstruction and possible collusion, and now, also financial misdeeds that have come to light.

Mueller may or may not have the goods (I think he does) on Trump, but let’s not pretend it’s not about him.

21 Likes

Typically there’d be a flurry of hedging and confusion pretty soon after the first stories broke if the reporting was wrong or misled. The ones who held back are probably trying to work their own angles and get some new buzz before the actual arrests happen, and they may not have much to work with.

17 Likes

It’s gonna be both.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

25 Likes

Schiff seems to have confirmed that charges were indeed filed by suggesting it was either Flynn or Manafort. Now whether he has independent knowledge of this or its based on CNN’s report, I don’t know.

Also, let’s not forget what Republicans and their mouthpieces were doing this past week. Dredging up the discredited “Uranium-Clinton” scandal. Focusing sophistically on who funded the Steel Report, rather than on its contents. And several even stated Mueller should recuse himself! Because he knows Comey or something.

They’re panicking, probably for good reason.

35 Likes

FBI Probe Of Paul Manafort Focuses On 13 “Suspicious” Wire Transfers
BuzzFeed News has learned of a series of wire transfers, made by companies linked to Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, that federal officials deemed suspicious. Many of the wires went from offshore companies controlled by Manafort to American businesses.

The FBI’s investigation of Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, includes a keen focus on a series of suspicious wire transfers in which offshore companies linked to Manafort moved more than $3 million all over the globe between 2012 and 2013.

Much of the money came into the United States.

These transactions — which have not been previously reported — drew the attention of federal law enforcement officials as far back as 2012, when they began to examine wire transfers to determine if Manafort hid money from tax authorities or helped the Ukrainian regime close to Russian President Vladimir Putin launder some of the millions it plundered through corrupt dealings.

The new revelations come as special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation is tightening, with reports that an indictment may already have been issued. It is not known if Manafort has been indicted, or if he ever will be. Manafort has been the subject of multiple law enforcement and congressional inquiries. A spokesperson for Manafort would not comment for this story about the investigation or any of the specific transactions, but Manafort has previously denied wrongdoing.

…

24 Likes

I think it’s that and the fact that they may not like to cite others’s work. It was a couple of days before Maggie the Snitch finally tweeted David Corn’s breaking the “new” Steele Dossier story last January. Don’t Think she ever credited, horrors, Buzzfeed. And in spite of the fact that everyone I know was aware of Corn’s and Buzzfeed’s prior stories.

23 Likes

47 Likes

Exactly. They got their asses kicked on a big story and they have to try to score some comeback runs. Why file a faintly humiliating story based on other people’s 18-hour-old reporting when everyone knows already? Might as well see if you can shake loose a name, or a charge, or the color of the papers—anything new. That’s the job.

12 Likes

I saw something yesterday in which an R (maybe it was Roger Stone?) complained mightily about the Uranium One deal and funding the dossier, then insisted that the only wrongdoing was in “the Clinton administration.”

Yes, “the Clinton administration.” They’re so disappointed that Hillary lost. It took all their investigation and impeachment fun away.

ETA found it. It was Corey Lewandowski on Faux News.

26 Likes

“Flynn, Manafort? I don’t know them. Never met them…well, maybe I met them briefly in a big group of people. But, I wouldn’t know them if they walked in the room. They were with the campaign for a very short period of time.”

Flynn - one of first supporter, with him on the campaign trail constantly, National Security Advisor to the President.

Manafort - Trump Campaign Chairman for 5 months before and during the Republican National Convention, at which he was the Republican Convention Manager.

23 Likes

“Who will it be, who will it be?

Up, up, up up past the Trump Tower Hotel,
Up, up, up up to the Muellerside layer.

10 Likes

As others have pointed out, if there’s “dealin’” goin’ on, even if the story is correct, the charges might not be announced for a little while. I hope it’s Flynn because if he informs Manafort is even more U.S.C. And Manafort is more likely to be able to point directly at the Commander in Cheat.

As to leak sources, I’m still suspicious of the Legal Eagles, Ty and the rest.

2 Likes
5 Likes

As far as music lyrics go…

38 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available