Discussion: Sarah Huckabee Sanders: VA Restaurant Kicked Me Out 'Because I Work For POTUS'

And Pubes Amandine. Tres magnifique!

3 Likes

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer person. I hope this happens a lot more to her. At some point, there have to be consequences for her actions/lies.

16 Likes

No Morals, No Ethics, No Soul, No Service.

50 Likes

I hope April Ryan offers to share a burrito with her at the next White House presser.

7 Likes

Have we heard from the owner? A viable reason would be fear of disruption as other diners realized Sanders was there.

9 Likes

Don’t forget Chick Fil A. Spiteful Right wing scum can always get served at Chick Fil A.

8 Likes

Assuming that some of the kitchen staff are immigrants, and assuming that many of the staff and the staff’s family members have insurance (or better coverage) through the ACA - I could definitely see booting her out as being completely justified. She’s the (lying) mouthpiece for an administration that is actively working to make their lives worse. I don’t think I could bring myself to serve her and her family, and I wouldn’t force any of my employees to serve them, either.

39 Likes

No individual is a protected class, so this is unlike banning an entire group such as gay people. She wasn’t banned because she’s a woman. I think that’s clear. And businesses, as you said, have the right to refuse service to anyone. Though it would be deliciously ironic if the owner claimed “religious grounds”, I hope she doesn’t.

If Sarah thinks she treats people respectfully, she’s not paying attention at her own briefings and she certainly doesn’t understand the policies her Administration is inflicting on the American people and the world at large.

38 Likes

What I don’t like about this is that Sarah Huckster Slanders now gets to play the victim. On the other hand what the restaurant owner knows is that the restaurant industry could not function without immigrants–legal and illegal.

8 Likes

Well, clearly, the restaurant owner has religious scruples.

8 Likes

This is more than a matter of moral convictions. She is in open rebellion against the Constitution & principles of the Republic by serving as the mouthpiece for the POS installed in the WH by a foreign-aided coup.

13 Likes

I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so

Bullshit. All of us have watched your press briefings. You do not treat those who disagree with you with any respect whatsoever, especially for their intelligence.

49 Likes

The restaurant owner had a “religious belief” that children should not be incarcerated. He was refusing service based on those beliefs, just like the right and SCOTUS says bakers can do.

16 Likes

All the Trump sycophants should get used to this. Abusing children is frowned upon by decent people.

21 Likes

To my knowledge this kind of stuff did not happen when the Nazis took over the Weimar republic, so this gives me hope.

21 Likes

It would certainly ruin my dining experience, especially my appetite, if she were there.

11 Likes

So Trump staffers can’t eat out or get dates. I guess that leaves drinking themselves into oblivion at home…alone. That is, if a liquor store will serve them.

25 Likes

I welcome this new trend to public shaming but sadly expect the restaurant to suffer a few broken windows or some scrawled (and likely misspelled) graffiti by tomorrow morning.

8 Likes

“The incident fits a recent pattern: Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was heckled with shouts of “Shame!” for several minutes at a Washington, D.C. Mexican restaurant on Tuesday.”

“Two nights earlier, White House adviser Stephen Miller was called a “fascist” at another District Mexican restaurant, the New York Post subsequently reported citing an unnamed source who saw it happen.”

All Republicans hate Mexicans but love to go to Mexican restaurants. Weird. Sounds like the owners need to quit letting these hypocrites cross their “borders” as in front doors.

13 Likes

They’ve bombarded Yelp reviews too.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available