Discussion: Sanders: Voters Would Choose 'Lesser Of Two Evils' In Trump-Clinton Election

Now there’s the ringing endorsement we’ve all been waiting for.

40 Likes

Some people are saying…

17 Likes

Anyone want to still claim he isn’t Nader?

54 Likes

Well, since Senator Sanders is losing in a landslide to Secretary Clinton, I guess this means that it is, actually, the lesser of three evils with Sanders challenging Mr. Trump for third place.

40 Likes

Burn it down–all of it!
– The Prophet Sanders

24 Likes

Yes, there it is.

He, himself, was the best candidate possible but, barring that, “the People” should vote for the lesser of two evils.

And for those who didn’t vote for him, don’t blame him for what the country turns into without him. So there!

25 Likes

If there is a President Trump…Sanders will be remembered how he helped to make it happen…so long revolution…

26 Likes

Sanders would fold in 15 minutes if any major news source would bother to vet him.

54 Likes

Bernie is faced with a choice - be a leader or be a martyr
… have a vision / cause and remain committed to ongoing progress toward said vision … OR
… throw down the gauntlet, and accept nothing less then immediate total victory … no matter the consequence.
Dogmatic pseudo-idealists, convinced of the infallibility of their own agenda often end up embracing the “martyr” persona - convinced that their own ideals must be accepted without compromise - they become possessed by the idea that total destruction would be preferable to any accommodation of the views of others / wavering from their ideals. Nader ultimately ended up behaving like a martyr.

14 Likes

“Well, if you look – No, I wouldn’t describe it, but that’s what the American people are saying,” Sanders replied. “If you look at the favorability ratings of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, both of them have very, very high unfavorables.”

Very typical Bernie, passive aggressive, inverse condemnation. I’ve seen and heard these kind of statements from him before and they always go something like:

“Well, let me say this. I don’t necessarily believe that Mrs Clinton is corrupt. But It’s not up to me to say that Secretary Clinton is (untrustworthy, In Wall Street’s pocket, evil, the scarlet woman of Babylon, yada, yada yada…) but this is what people have heard (aside: because I’ve been pounding it for weeks). And personally, I think it’s up to Mrs. Clinton to set the record straight and come clean to the American people. Blah, blah, blah… millionaires and billionaires, revolution, break up big banks, fat cats, unfair, wrong, the system is rigged…yada, yada.”

57 Likes

Riding atop a seven-headed private email server!

13 Likes

How naĂŻve can anyone be? After an unrelenting barrage of negative attacks from the Republicans, even Bernie would hate himself.

Hillary, on the other hand, has already gone through that barrage… For 20 years.

30 Likes

"We need a campaign, an election, coming up which does not have two candidates who are really very, very strongly disliked.

Hey, that’s great, Bernie! In March 2015, just before you announced your campaign and started slamming Clinton as a corrupt Wall Street stooge who is part of a corrupt political party, Hillary Clinton had a +11 favorability rating at 50-39.

So essentially Sanders lowered her favorability by 9 points and increased her unfavoriables by a whopping 14 points, and now is saying how terrible it is that people view here unfavorably!

That’s pretty weak tea, there, Bernie. Blaming the victim.

51 Likes

Its a very Republican/Fox news type of attack.

17 Likes

Today’s rendition of:
The Messiah’s New Clothes.

#FeelTheMendacity!

jw1

12 Likes

That’s what gets me

I gotta look for it to be sure, but the luckiest man in the world has now become Pontius Pilate. He knows that he hasn’t gotten the bark chewed off of him by any attack ads, but he’s under the impression that if folks don’t vote for him, then you are voting for the lesser of two evils in Nov.

xxxx, Philly is coming.

20 Likes

he hasn’t felt that bombardment…yet.

8 Likes

Where are Bernie’s tax returns?

If he’s staying in, he needs to cough them up.

21 Likes

Sen Sanders is still surging in that race to the top.

jw1

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available