Discussion: Sanders Accuses Clinton Of Embracing Obama Only For Black Votes

Discussion for article #246222

I donā€™t understand how comments like these help Bernie Sanders.

95 Likes

With all due respect to Sen. Sandersā€“and I have a great amount of respect for himā€“this type of innuendo is beneath him. Hillary Clinton embraced President Obama years ago ā€¦ remember when she joined his administration? Seriously, Sen. Sanders, please donā€™t go there. You are also belittling many black Americansā€™ choice(s) to support Clinton ā€“ youā€™re saying the wool was pulled over their own eyes.

80 Likes

He did know the microphone was on ā€¦ right?

37 Likes

ā€œAnd we know what thatā€™s about,ā€ he continued. ā€œThatā€™s trying to win support from the African American community where the President is enormously popular.ā€

And the problem with this is? But he has ā€œenormous respectā€ (sound familiar?)

Use the ā€œpā€ word Bernie, use it! Hillary is ā€œpanderingā€. Unburden yourself. Say it! saaaay it!

16 Likes

Great job having an ā€œOMFG, STFU, you stupid old manā€ moment, Bernie. Someone slap himā€¦I think his Namenda is stuck in his throat and isnā€™t getting digested in time.

36 Likes

Why in the world is the fact that her actual policy proposals embrace Presidentā€™s legacy a ploy for AA votes? Whereā€™s that high-road ā€œletā€™s talk about issuesā€ thingy in that sort of comment?

Sorry, that is total bullshit. And my tolerance for bullshit is quite low.

54 Likes

Not clear whose votes heā€™s going to get with this ploy.

43 Likes

Bullshit! If she is ā€œhuggingā€ Obama to win favor with Black folks then she started it when she became Obamaā€™s Secretary of State. Iā€™m part of the Black vote Sanderā€™s wants to win and the more he opens his mouth the more he pisses me off.

66 Likes

Iā€™m not really sure this comes across like he thinks it does. In fact, it sounds downright bitter, particularly coupled with his own nicely couched jab at Obama at the end.

31 Likes

Give it a rest Bernie. You can disagree without adding stupid stuff.

24 Likes

Angry White voters. His base.

28 Likes

Enough. Get out, Bernie.

18 Likes

Exactly. He canā€™t get more votes with this BS; he can only solidify the (subtely racist) Berniac vote. By coming right out and saying this, he affirms my belief that heā€™s courting all the so-called progressives that just couldnā€™t stand President Obama.

30 Likes

And the fact he said this on BET??? LOLOLOLOL

28 Likes

A lot of people say ā€œI like Bernieā€ or ā€œI love Bernieā€. I donā€™t like/orlove him on a personal level and itā€™s shit like this that just reinforces my feelings.

21 Likes

All this type of talk does is come across as him stirring the pot ā€“ a very ugly and foul-smelling pot called ā€˜racism.ā€™

13 Likes

Yeah, that was immensely dumb to say. What did he hope to achieve by doing that? Sounds like a tad of desperation seeing as how heā€™s going to lose SC big time and probably NV too contrary to the press now crowing itā€™s a tie in NV. Weā€™ll see, eh?

10 Likes

Mr. Sanders, many of us like it when Hillary embraces Obama because we also like Obama, and think heā€™s been one of the best presidents in our countryā€™s history. And in the face of ridiculous Republican hyperbole about how awful Obama has been, we find it refreshing that Hillary is happy to celebrate the Presidentā€™s many accomplishments.

Stuff like this is why I just canā€™t feel the Bern.

60 Likes

Itā€™s like heā€™s throwing up his hands and saying ā€œFuck It!ā€ to the Black vote.

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available