Discussion: Ryan: I Don't Think Mueller Should 'Be Fired' Or Step Down From Russia Probe

1 Like

Profiles in fearless leadership.

12 Likes

How very odd that the man in line to become President if Trump and Pence are impeached thinks that Muellerā€™s investigation should continue.

10 Likes

"I donā€™t think he should be stepping down and I donā€™t think he should be fired, and the Presidentā€™s made it clear heā€™s not going to do thatā€¦ā€

ā€œā€¦but if he does, Iā€™ll be the first in line to plant a big, wet one on his fat, orange ass while he axes Mueller.ā€

19 Likes

Yeah, I didnā€™t hear a pledge anywhere in there. In fact, I think he took a knee on that question.

Coming from Ryan, thatā€™s ā€œtough talkā€. He must be counting on Trump not watching Fox while abroad.

7 Likes

ā€œYeah,ā€¦ā€

Not the most impressive statement of unswerving determination.

But this statement from Ryan is about the most concrete statement and definitive comment I can remember coming out of his mouth re: the toddler-in-chargeā€™s boundary crossing habits.

5 Likes

OT: Hey Paul! The carried interest loophole for hedge fund managers was kept whole in your tax plan?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-02/carried-interest-loophole-preserved-in-house-republican-tax-bill

13 Likes

Heā€™s bucking to be one of the Republicans in the next Democratic administrationā€™s cabinetā€¦

3 Likes

Always keep your options open.

5 Likes

Kompromatlas shrugged.

Itā€™s the only move heā€™s got.

12 Likes

Whatā€™s that Eddie? You are still willing to just stand there with your thumb up your butt while the GOP and the country burn to the ground?

What else is new? What do you do, Eddie, besides lift weights?

8 Likes

ā€œYeah, Iā€™ve said all along, we need to let these career professionals do their jobs, see it through,ā€ Ryan said. ā€œSo no, I donā€™t think he should be stepping down and I donā€™t think he should be fired, and the Presidentā€™s made it clear heā€™s not going to do that.ā€

8 Likes

ā€œYeah, Iā€™ve said all along, we need to let these career professionals do their jobs, see it through,ā€ Ryan said.

https://m.popkey.co/c5b95b/MmEz_f-maxage-0.gif

previously

ā€œSo no, I donā€™t think he should be stepping down and I donā€™t think he should be fired, and the Presidentā€™s made it clear heā€™s not going to do that.ā€

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/07/08/636035963368533965-396524068_work%208.gif

@krux

2 Likes

Recites passages from Atlas Shrugged while flexing in front of the mirror at the gym when no oneā€™s watching.

8 Likes

@carolson - I actually find that easy to believe.

@inversion - I have about reached the point where I donā€™t care - let the GOP thoroughly break everything doing this. Let Trump find someone to fire Mueller, cause he canā€™t. If he can find someone, then let him have at it. Then let the GOP look shocked and do nothing.

Go ahead and break the constitution, see what happens. Iā€™m fucking sick of this.

9 Likes

Thereā€™s a percentage chance in play (at all times) that he decides that heā€™s just not having any fun and suddenly drops everything saying that he tried his best but the swamp is just too deep and he canā€™t get anything done despite his super-human abilities.

He doesnā€™t like to work and there are signs of him having to ā€œworkā€ right now.

5 Likes

I totally agree with that. Iā€™ve thought since the beginning that heā€™d reach a breaking point and resign. I still think thereā€™s a decent chance.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve somewhat reached that point as well.

However Iā€™ve temp (subject to change) reached my moment, when I woke up and saw that (excluding Ross) the current three stories on Livewire are likely a variation of three stories from this summer.

Iā€™d yearn for ā€˜45ā€™ to do a trick, but imagine the damage.

4 Likes

I do imagine the damage and I"m kind of tired of carrying that around.

9 Likes

The whole constant ā€œwill he or wonā€™t heā€ is exhausting. I agree.

Especially when itā€™s likely ā€œhe willā€ in the long run.

However, he has quit other things in the past when they got too tough.

And we can always hold out hope that his health isnā€™t up for the strain.

My happy thought at this moment is Smaug the dragon getting taken down by the one arrow that finds the hole in his armor.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available