Discussion: Rupert Murdoch: Carson May Be ‘The One To Beat’ In 2016

BooYah! Your comment is spot on.

Let’s get something straight here shall we, if Republicans, especially Southern Republicans can’t stand President Obama who is black, what makes you think that these Republicans are going to elect Ben Carson as president who is also black.

1 Like

Thank you Bob.

It’s ego. Surgeons, especially good/great ones, commonly develop a sense of themselves as extraordinary beings–which, with a scalpel, they are–and not uncommonly presume that said competence extends to other areas in which they are clueless. He’s just used to being the “smartest” in the room and has no conception of how much he’s out of his element and unprepared for public leadership.

I’ll refrain from citing a couple of different terms not uncommonly employed in the African American community for such as Carson.

1 Like

But here’s the relevant survey info that Survey USA places in small print down at the bottom:

“Cell-phone and home-phone respondents are included in this survey.
SurveyUSA interviewed 1,000 USA adults 09/02/15 and 09/03/15. Of the
adults, 900 were registered to vote. Of the registered voters, 58% (522)
pay “a lot” of attention to politics. This survey was conducted using
blended sample, mixed-mode. Respondents reachable on a home telephone
(62% of registered voters) were interviewed on their home (landline)
telephone in the recorded voice of a professional announcer. Respondents
not reachable on a home telephone (38% of registered voters) were shown
a question on their smartphone, tablet or other electronic device. Cell
respondents, as is typically the case, vote more Democratic than do
landline respondents. Among just the universe of cell-phone respondents,
Clinton defeats Trump by 16 points; Sanders defeats Trump by 12 points;
Biden defeats Trump by 17 points; and Gore defeats Trump by 17 points.
The more cell-phone respondents a pollster includes in its “mix” of
voters, the more Democratic the poll results will be.”

It’s a statistical fact that minorities, especially blacks and Hispanics, have a significantly higher reliance on cell phones alone than do whites, and it’s also the case that a high percentage of white landline users are elderly—which is the goddamn FoxNews demographic. So in other words, Survey USA is saying that an American electorate which has given a solid majority of its votes in two elections to the first black President in history is now going to vote heavily for Donald Trump? LOLOLOLOLOL…

4 Likes

Poor old dear, it’s a shame when they start to slip away. Hopefully he doesn’t know his mind is gone. Although his kids may want to take away his keys to the Twitter,

Because to them there are “good blacks” (the ones who went along with segregation back in the day, who might not have liked it, but were quiet about it) and “uppity blacks” (though they would have used a slightly different term).

Obama is uppity - they’re suspecting Carson, because he knows whose party he’s in and how they view anyone who supports Obama, is not. They’d vote for him. He’d still lose on a massive scale, though he would likely carry every state that McCain carried in 2008.

Murdoch seems to think he can influence the nomination when the rabble that supports Trump was birthed from Murdoch’s own making, FoxNews, the real embarrasment to this country.

True, but today, someone with Goldwater’s views would be regarded as too liberal for the Republican Party.

1 Like

Carson doesn’t know much outside of surgery and has no political experience.

His ‘vision’ needs a lot of lenses to correct for his deficits.

And the racists in the GOP (25% or so) will not be enthused if he was the nominee.

Rupert Murdoch, Foxy News and its Saudi owners are playing kingmaker for the Republican party with an iron hand and also with flamboyance, and obvious relish. Brett Baier and Megyn Kelly tried to destroy Donald Trump’s campaign and act as enforcers and capos for the Republican elite. That scheme clearly has failed. The Saudi owners also fumed against the impact on campaign advertising by Trump on Foxy News.

Now they are trying to prop up Ben Carson

hahahaha. yeah right.

remember when michael steele became chairman of the rnc, and immediately afterward, conservatives started saying “the republican party no longer represents me”?

carson is the republican party’s one black friend. they like him because he shares their views, and they’ll support him in a way to say, ‘see, we ain’t raciss!’, and then they’ll pick a white guy. someone who DOES represent them.

1 Like

Rupert sees Carson as the antidote for all this Trump fever, and once Trump’s fleeting lead fades, then they can insert Kasich as their White Hope.

2 Likes

Rupert chose the crazies one. What does that tell you?

The GOP is really acting in a dream world. I just want to know what Carson is going to talk to world leaders about?

If they really believe this , they have already lost this election.Carson has shown nothing regarding policy or ability to grasp what may be important to anyone beyond his base.

2 Likes

I think that Deez Nuts and Rupert’s masseuse have a better chance of becoming the Republican nominee.

The original remark from Rube before his social media editor got to it

@rupertmurdoch “Ben Carson polls improving every week. Maybe the meat to beat.”

1 Like

He does, that’s where his Faux news money has been coming from.

But the racists hate when they are called out on their racism. He is merely helping them with their (transparent) cover.

That way the rest of the normal veiled racism that is Faux’s bread and butter seems less so…

4 Likes

My god, I give up. I don’t care who the Republicans pick. Not one of them could beat any of the declared candidates on the Democratic side. So I wish them all a bloody fight. I hope Ben Carson gets to speak more. He’s creepy.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available