Discussion: Republicans Commandeer Hearing On Russian Meddling To Rail Against Leaks

I know it’s pretty mind blowing.

2 Likes

I brought this up on another thread – but the two ranking members, Schiff and Nunes had already been briefed by Comey and knew the answers to their questions. So what they were asking was staged purely for public consumption. When Schiff asked Comey if Trump was the target of an FBI investigation, both he and Comey knew Comey had to refuse to answer because the information was classified. But just asking the question confirmed it. Nunes knew this also – but chose instead to direct his fellow GOPers to focus on leaks as the only means they have to deflect. They all know Trump and his cabal are guilty – but they don’t care. As long as he brings them power, they will do what they have to protect him – and they are hoping the investigation will take long enough for them to force through their legislative agenda.

8 Likes

Deep down inside I had always hoped that my cynicism about the Right wasn’t 100% justified, that there were a lot of decent conservatives. That deep down place is empty now, replaced with Gowdy’s stark white, ghostly visage.

5 Likes

I think they will somehow tie Trump to POTUS O or make it " why didn’t “Obama” stop it?!". They’ve no shame or sense of reality.

4 Likes

Obama did too – and I wanted to believe that if only we all acted with good will, that we’d find common ground. Eight years of racist, disrespectful, counterproductive nastiness from them has put that fairy tale to rest. The only thing that might make me think there is any hope for their redemption is if they start putting country before party and force Trump to step down. They won’t though. They made a bargain to keep him in power as long as he signs their vile legislation that they could never get passed by any honest means.

3 Likes

Someone here called him a redneck joe McCarthy. love it and I’m old enough to remember him well.

3 Likes

BluGrass’s Rule #1: When you complain that the problem is the leaks, the problem isn’t the leaks.

3 Likes

You have a strangely positive view of lawyers.

1 Like

Howdy Gowdy and Nunes of the above.

This is what our glorious country has sunk to…

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be that republicans attempted to commandeer?

2 Likes

However, one was not like the other.

2 Likes

Now, get over your cynicism about democrats, and you’ll be on your way to recovery. :grinning:

2 Likes

@gr Me too. I was fascinated by that glowering five o:clock shadow. But Gowdy will never rise to level of menace that McCarthy projected (well, he attempted to project). Gowdy is just another mean-spirited peckerwood who thinks he’s a lot cleverer than he actually is.

4 Likes

The leakers are whistleblowers, not traitors as trump would have one believe. IMO.

4 Likes

This may go without saying but when Schiff laid out all the circumstantial evidence of coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russian hacking at the beginning of the hearing it sure felt like history being made. Anybody else have that palpable sense of the wheels turning?

8 Likes
5 Likes

I went and read up on him and it’s saying “Harvard Law” and “U.S. Attorney” and I’m just nodding my head because it figured. Terri Sewell the same. They’re going to be formidable opponents.

2 Likes

Gowdy’s aides attributed that release to “human error.”

Our boss is a moron.

Um…

Allegiance exposed, perhaps?

1 Like

Drumpf potentially on the impeachment ropes, and then this… Nothing like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

Democrats Beware: Sanders ‘Movement’ Turns to Midterms

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available