Discussion: Report: Trump Admin Pulls O'Care Ads In Last Days Of 2017 Open Enrollment

Do you drive a car? Do you object to being required to buy insurance on that car?

2 Likes

There was a conversation going on just now on CNN about the folks at State who resigned and some tweets out of the National Park Serviceā€¦ this fellow held that there was a ā€œculture of liberalismā€ in departments of the federal Government as if it were a deadly diseaseā€¦ I got close to killing my TV when I heard that comment. What right does anyone have to say liberalism in government is necessarily evil? Are not people allowed to think? Must we be a single thought organism?
To say I was grossly insulted would be an understatement and I would have fired off a message to this n00b had I caught his name.
It goes along with Bannonā€™s comment that news media should keep their mouths shut.

4 Likes

Signs that times might not be normal:

You wrote ā€œthe Presidentā€ and I knew right away you were talking about Obama.

12 Likes

In some ways our little friend was rephrasing the R mantra on health care: Donā€™t get sick and if you do die quickly. Because obviously the longer the patient lingers the more the rest of us will have to pay. I sweat my deductibles every year, and I wish sweating deductibles for everyone who voted for trumpee and thought he didnā€™t mean what he said about abolishing it.

4 Likes

Well he still is called ā€œMr Presidentā€ in our house. This other guy may inhabit the office now but he has yet to fill anyoneā€™s shoes that preceded him. Heā€™s starting off at a 36% approval rating and itā€™s dropping as I type. Also I expect that at this rate the new guy will not be lasting long if he keeps stepping on his dick like this.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info from West MI! Please let us know how the Trump insanity plays out in your area.

1 Like

Yes and no. The insurance protects me and my property and I pay for more than the legal minimum because of that.

Everybody should have accessible health care with insurance.

The nub of this entire debate is who pays how much for what coverage and the funding mechanism, as well as how to protect the multi-million $ salaries of Big Healthā€™s CEOā€™s and their pet executives.

Medicare for all paid for by a Wall Street transaction tax. A dream.

Time for massive numbers of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) demands. Anyone can do it. Everone should start swamping the White House and executive departments with FOIA demands.

3 Likes

People want to say hands off Baron because heā€™s a child. Well soā€™s his daddy.
Itā€™s time to demonize the entire family - sow as much trouble as possible - no concerns for truth - just add some Shakespearean angst - make Trump fearful of Pence and add a dollop of palace intrigue - find dirt on his inner circle, make sure Bannon is photographed with a ball gag and some Thai girlboys.

Not his $ so who cares. Might help people? Who cares? The question right now isā€¦who cares?

1 Like

I donā€™t personally care if itā€™s true or not, just would like to see it get around and accepted as true even if it isnā€™t.

Its like a cult here. They have to be deprogrammed first. No one tried hard enough to do that.

1 Like

I miss him too but the man deserves a real vacation from all this bullshit. I hope he can block out the crazy and the wild attempts to undo everything he fought for, but I suspect heā€™s still paying close attention.

5 Likes

As summed up by Al Gore
"By closely guarding information about their own behavior, they are dismantling a fundamental element of our system of checks and balances. Because so long as the governmentā€™s actions are secret, they cannot be held accountable. A government for the people and by the people must be transparent to the people. "

5 Likes

I say - Bring out the lawyers

1 Like

If the Shoe Fitsā€¦
Have you ever seen anything else from that humorless cocksucker.

3 Likes

Heā€™s preaching to the choir.

Yeah peopleā€¦I care SO much about you that Iā€™m gonna make SURE you donā€™t have access to health care or education! Iā€™m just like YOU.

2 Likes

Rumpy show your taxes. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-tax-returns-petition-breaks-record_us_588a5a51e4b0c5656a62d5eb?bhxsg5bdatvx3whfr& https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

1 Like

@maximusā€“ā€œFirst rule of fascism. Squash public information.ā€

From the ever popular 14 Characteristics of Fascism:

Item 6-Controlled Mass Media
Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other
cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or
sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in
war time, is very common.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available