Discussion: Report: Trump Admin Pulls O'Care Ads In Last Days Of 2017 Open Enrollment

I really like this comment x 1 to the 10th or something.

I love it because that is just how I see this, too. Do they think they are fooling anybody? That shit just disappears if they don’t acknowledge it? That WE disappear if they pretend they aren’t really hurting anybody?

The whole thing from Day 1 is like the world’s longest absurdist theater performance.

7 Likes

Bully for you. Hope you feel virtuous as your fellow citizens are harmed.

2 Likes

Indeed…that could ironically be a better ad than the ones that were pulled.

5 Likes

I don’t feel virtuous at all. Some are beyond help.

“You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him buy health insurance for his family.”

They are all Trump, now.

2 Likes

Right out of the GOP playbook - sabotage it, then criticize it for being broken.

4 Likes

I think the latter individual is actually the horse’s ass.

Next step: 100% efficiency. Shut down the ACA, Medicaid, and Medicare. Shut all the hospitals. Trump can cut health-care costs to $0. It is the most efficient solution. It is the ultimate solution. It is the Final Solution.

3 Likes

In the words of the Beastie Boys: “listen all y’all it’s a sabotage!”

1 Like

Donald Trump is a very cruel man. This decision will cost some Americans their lives.

5 Likes

I saw one of the ads tonight on Comedy Central. So some are still airing!!!

1 Like

STOP this maniac, Obama. Please!

2 Likes

I don’t get why you’re blaming the victims and letting the Trumpers off the hook.The enrollment deadline isn’t exactly burned into people’s brains the way April 15th is for taxes.

This is only the fourth open-enrollment period for Obamacare. This is only the second year the deadline has been Jan. 31. A little helpful reminder can go a long way. Obviously the Trumpers think so too, or they wouldn’t be pulling the ads.

8 Likes

But…where the eff were they during the campaign. It’s the same Trumpp.

3 Likes

Your position is nonsense. The whole point of this maneuver of Trump’s is that among us fallible humans quite a few have to be prodded at the last minute to do important things. Trump is taking advantage of this flaw in ordinary humans to try and reduce the number of people who actually get insurance.

He is implementing the first principle of GOP 'health care access: Please die faster.

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong…its mild but it is noticeable. You’d never hear a bad word or even anyone questioning a policy prescription by a Repub. here where I live…I think it was the tax on imports from Mexico that did it though. That seemed to blow them away. It was also the anti-immigrant shit regarding this wall that is starting to affect coverage.

5 Likes

Don’t you wonder what the President must be thinking right now? Whether one agreed with every one of his policies or not, he worked seriously, professionally, thoughtfully to accomplish things that he thought would improve our country. This must be horrifying for him.

4 Likes

I’m not “blaming the victims” for anything and not letting the Trumpanzees off the hook.

It’s a petty, vindictive vile maneuver that will be celebrated by them. I haven’t checked my vile email list today to confirm this,

I think this is it. They’re thwarting having to deal with a news cycle that points out the ACA’s popularity and sign-up numbers are up as people rush in at the last minute seeking coverage - all as the GOP is behind closed doors discussing how to tear it all down.

3 Likes

I think Bannon just popped a woodie…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available