Discussion: Report That Trump Greeted Russian Envoy During Campaign Resurfaces

Avarice and accountability don’t exist together. Perjury, collusion, and conspiracy exist inside avarice. Popcorn.

Pried out of their cold, red hands…

2 Likes

Oops. Spicer make boom boom

http://19137-presscdn-0-15.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/spice-tough-1024x419.jpg

This is where this country is at, it’s not acceptable. Don’t take the president literally. Russia is not the issue, the leaks are the issue. Trump finally pivoted to presidential until he re-un-pivoted to his familiar old Twitler self. The standards are so low, Putin could pass muster.

6 Likes

Try McClatchy.com

Not it doesn’t, because it leaves two of what will turn out to be biggest players, off the chart…namely, his attorney Cohen and his business partner/mobster Sater.

Page should also have a connecting line to the Russian Government. As should Donald Jr, considering the known meeting in Paris during the campaign to “discuss strategies for Syria”. Likewise with Manafort.

And so Stone doesn’t get so lonely out there, Wikilieaks/Assange needs to be added with the direct line to Russian Government.

I don’t think anyone is really following/reporting the money side of this thing yet. I think when someone does, even cursory, and starts adding up the sheer amount of money that is being moved among these players…LOTS of light bulbs are going to start going off.

5 Likes

Apparently he’s just added a former Breitbart writer as spokesguy

3 Likes

It’s not just that Trump and the ubiquitous Russian spy Kislyak met or even that Trump “warmly greeted” him (do you warmly greet someone you met for the first time?). Rather, Kislyak was invited to this very pro-Russia speech and was given VIP treatment, sitting in the front row. Seth Abramson is all over this story. https://twitter.com/SethAbramson?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

1 Like

Apparently, our so-called President is a tad bit indisposed.
What he should be is deposed.

Journalists need to demand a fucking press conference…The questions are piling up…and Mar-a-Lago won’t protect him.

3 Likes

“And so Stone doesn’t get so lonely out there, Wikilieaks/Assange needs to be added with the direct line to Russian Government.” Wikileaks release of the CIA hacks just on the heels of Trump’s crazy Obama accusation is obviously an attempt to help (the “deep state” is dangerous and is out to get Mr. Trump!) and is likely directed by the Russian government.

3 Likes

Very interesting. If only we had some kind of intelligence committee in Congress that could look into this. (eyeroll)

2 Likes

Great reporting, plus I love Seth Abrahamson’s Archemboldo head avatar!

1 Like

I still manage to get stunned by the brazenness of these guys.

1 Like

In which case, refer back to thunderclap’s cheat sheet. Much more extensive.

Actually the guy, Christopher Steele, pretty wisely kept a low profile when it was all blowing up but he’s now returned to running his private intelligence business AFAIK. He’s also widely respected as an intelligence expert. Trump is a tawdry clown but this guy’s a serious person. And the revelations are gaining credibility among our own intelligence services.

So stay tuned.

:innocent:

3 Likes

There is no real way to know who these reports are about without confirmation from Steele. However there were a spate of reports about Kremlin officials that were accused of spying for the Americans in the last couple of months. Since the reports are Kremlin based they might not be highly reliable. But something did happen in Russia last December before the Steele Dossier was released.

There’s Something Very Weird Happening Inside Russia’s Cybersecurity World

The arrest of several of Russia’s top cybersecurity figures has led to speculation that there’s a shake-up inside the country’s national security service related to hacks surrounding the US election.

At some point in December, Ruslan Stoyanov, a well-respected researcher with the Moscow-based Kaspersky Lab, and Sergei Mikhailov, head of the FSB’s Center for Information Security, were arrested by Russian police as part of what Russia’s Kommersant newspaper described as a probe into possible treason. No date of arrest has been made public, though Kommersant reported that Stoyanov last logged into his private social media account on Dec. 4, and Mikhailov on Dec. 5. The Moscow-based Novaya Gazeta newspaper cited sources as saying Mikhailov was arrested during a meeting with other FSB officers in Moscow, and was taken from the room with a sack over his head.

I saw one that I think was a little better. It had Washington as is, then Nixon with “I cannot tell the truth” and then Trump with “I can’t tell the difference” hahaha

2 Likes

Oh, ha, and there it is…

2 Likes

Yes. I was one upped. So be it.
Hah.

3 Likes

"President Donald Trump announced Tuesday his team of White House lawyers is bulking up, establishing a larger footprint than the past two administrations had at this point.

The White House has hired 26 attorneys to serve in the counsel’s office under Don McGahn, the Jones Day partner and longtime Trump campaign attorney."

Is someone getting worried? Many of the key staff positions remain unfilled, but he somehow manages to hire 26 lawyers.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available