Discussion: Report That Trump Greeted Russian Envoy During Campaign Resurfaces

Calling Al Franken!!! Got any questions??

Again I ask the question, if these meetings with the Russian ambassador and other Russian officials by so many members of the Trump team were “no big deal,” …

can anyone in the Trump organization point to anything close to the same number of contacts with officials from ANY OTHER COUNTRY in the world than Russia? Why this insane level of contacts with just one country…and not while in office, but from early in the election campaign?

9 Likes

The food?

1 Like

What really bugs me is when he says:'Believe me nobody (insert ridiculous comparison such as)- is less racist- than me". Not only is it unknowable if anyone is or isn’t , it speaks to a narcissism that should disqualify him from the presidency. Yet the press just gives him a pass and no one has ever asked him how he could even know this.

2 Likes

This could be nothing. But he lied about it. He’s not used to have the level,of scrutiny.

Also, why there is an ad on the TPM homepage presumably raising money for a conservative group that is polling whether Hillary should be indicted.

Last, check out the change from sound science to figuring out how much toxic waste our body can tolerate.

8 Likes

That’s quite involved. I saw a much simpler one.

Frankly, this one doesn’t go far enough.

6 Likes

Saw this one. Even more easy to follow.

6 Likes

11 Likes

More odd meetings with Russians, this time in Moscow between NRA reps and Putin Deputy, Dmitry Rogozin.

Meeting with Rogozin, a target of U.S. sanctions, is not itself illegal—as long as the two sides did no businesvs together—explained Boris Zilberman, an expert on Russian sanctions at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. But, he noted, it is “frowned upon and raises questions… those targeted for sanctions have been engaged in conduct which is in direct opposition to U.S. national security interests.”
Which raises the question: Why was the NRA meeting with Putin’s deputy in the first place?
The NRA had previously objected to the parts of the U.S. sanctions regime that blocked Russian-made guns from import into the United States. But curiously, David Keene, the former NRA president and current board member who was on the Moscow trip, insisted the meeting with the high-ranking member of the Kremlin government had nothing whatsoever to do with geopolitics.

Rogozin was the leader of the ultra-right party called Rodina, or Motherland, and famously believes in the restoration of the Russian Empire, including what he calls “Russian America” (i.e., Alaska).

WTF

7 Likes

16 Likes

I’ve been telling Trump supporters, “I’m just praying he gets a white cellmate…”

6 Likes

13 Likes

I don’t buy it—no strings on the thumbs for tweeting.

3 Likes

Indeed. Trump’s business deals with well-connected Russians around the globe should be getting more coverage.

7 Likes

Emoluments?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/big-candy-is-lobbying-the-trump-administration-its-also-holding-events-at-trump-hotels/2017/03/07/a07cf3a2-0027-11e7-8ebe-6e0dbe4f2bca_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_prebuild-trumpcandy-8a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.42829973a8d6

3 Likes

No one supported Donald Trump more than Valdimir Putin, except for the NRA. This is the new alt-right alignment away from traditional western values and towards alliances for white, male gun-toting christian males. This guy wants Alaska back.

Did you see this one too? Also from Tim Mak, who has done some great work.

Just a few years ago, Maria Butina owned a furniture store in Siberia. Now she’s wheeling and dealing with D.C. think-tankers, Republican strategists, and a Russian bank chief with alleged mob connections. …

It’s another chapter in what’s becoming a familiar story in Washington: Kremlin-connected operators building bridges to the GOP.

6 Likes

At least Maddow and a few enterprising investigative journalists are on the case.

Like Maddow says, don’t pay attention to what he says, pay attention to what he does.

8 Likes

Palmer Report has been following the story for some time.

I know I read somewhere that the persons involved in the fleshy, urine-y creation of the “salacious” dossier material have disappeared or crossed over…Can anyone offer a link?

That NRA story about showing up in Russia is really weird. Definitely worth looking into and followup.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available