Discussion: Report: Ivanka Trump Jeered At By Fellow Passenger In JetBlue Coach

Slumming it is all the rage right now.

4 Likes

I’m of two minds. Sure, take him off the plane, you need to demonstrate self-control on an aircraft, it’s a safety thing. But if people want to express their scorn for this family in public, I can’t feel the wrongness so much. They enabled the rise to power of a mentally ill kleptocrat, which I find provoking. :smiling_imp:

13 Likes

“Walter, this is not a first amendment issue”

10 Likes

She was in Coach! Sounds as if someone wanted a scene (or at least a strong possibility of one). Distraction from too much trumplett negative attention?

7 Likes

Agreed. He obviously had to be taken off the plane, but all he really did was act insulting. He wasn’t violent or threatening. Fuck 'em. Besides, the boil has only just begun. This shit was tame compared to what’s coming. Prepare yourselves.

13 Likes

Yes. Tempting as it is. Especially as her kids were there. We can hope they haven’t been warped yet.

5 Likes

I think it’s kinda cute that you think the Trumps have any sense of shame.

26 Likes

I agree with you that it was a setup, but I personally wouldn’t have addressed her. The best way to handle it is to let her be. If it was truly a setup, then she–and her father–would have failed at baiting someone. As it is now, they can claim the higher road because “she was treated so terribly.” Again, I agree with you – normally, Ivanka wouldn’t be caught dead mingling with us.

6 Likes

No we’re not

2 Likes

That part of it is inarguable. You don’t shame people in front of their children.

7 Likes

It’s really cowardly at best to bully a woman – any woman. Much as I despise these people I’d never do such a thing.

8 Likes

Although it may be that manners have gone or are going out of style and their demise hastened greatly by Mr. Trump, this airplane is neither the time or place for this type of conduct. That’s one thing. And then you have a mother with her little children. Just because Trump has been elected President doesn’t mean that it is now ok to act or be like him.

8 Likes

People—all people—need to learn how expressing your opinions works. You can say what you want and you can bear the consequences. Rudeness to a T---- and rudeness to an Hispanic shopper at a JC Penney’s, will get you to the same end: consequences that you might not like.

4 Likes

Trump wants expanded Nuclear capability

there goes SALT, good thing the US has the money and time for such things…

Good thing this is handled by Sec. of Energy Rich Perry, the best man for the job !

2 Likes

I’d have tried to send her a coffee …

4 Likes

Agreed, he should have saved it for twitter.

3 Likes

They know how to play middle class feelings like a banjo…
Set up.
Work your feelings into trying to understand a woman who would use her children as props to further her father’s politics…

9 Likes

and bill her $60,000 for the coffee

3 Likes

First in line for the concentration camps!

WHOOPS DID I SAY CONCENTRATION CAMPS I MEANT TRUMP HOLIDAY CAMPS ™

2 Likes

Poor manners are poor no matter which side they come from. There’s a time and a place and a cramped commuter flight ain’t it.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available