Discussion: Report: GOP Donor Hinted At Clinton Backing, Compared Trump To Hitler

This goes on record as an exceedingly rare act of genuine benevolence for a Republican elitist: saving the nation and the world from the authoritarian, bigoted, xenophobic, misogynistic, fear-riddled Christ-centered mob that is the very rank-and-file they themselves nurtured.

3 Likes

“We’ll see, get to the conventions, see who the vice presidential picks are.”

Whitman is parroting McConnell when he said “[Trump] needs someone highly experienced and very knowledgeable [for a VP running mate] because it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t know a lot about the issues.” That is the governance model the GOP beta tested in the Cheney/Bush administration. It is predicated on the belief that they can control the occupant of the White House which raises the question whether the GOP House would impeach its own president if they couldn’t control him.

7 Likes

I kind of just think they’re scared.

Romney’'s statement sounds very noble too - he doesn’t want to see America changed at its core by bigotry and misogyny.

Really Mittens? I think you’re fine with it as long as the press isn’t calling it what it is. hahahaha

4 Likes

The golden wrecking ball incarnate

5 Likes

Shorter vid:
No center + No glue = Democratic landslide victory.

11 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the picture. It’s a clear demonstration of the stark difference between a fiscally responsible male and a spendthrift female.

3 Likes

This is a strong signal that Trump does not and will not control the VP choice.

I expect him to announce on Twitter, just to make sure the Party doesn’t decide.

7 Likes

mentiras

1 Like

It’s coming close to the time when the Dems. could actually run a 30 min. spot on just all the defections — Too rich —

8 Likes

As early as April it was reported in the SF Chronicle that prominent Bay Area Rs, and this is where Whitman lives, were not mindlessly getting on board with trump.

Many of them are nauseated by Trump’s divisive comments on immigrants, Muslims and women, and regret the establishment-splintering chaos the Republican primary has produced as the original field of 17 candidates has dwindled to three.

They use such words as “miserable,” “sickened,” “ashamed.” And most alarming for Republicans candidates everywhere, they’re not opening their checkbooks.

By this point in the election season, “I would have been knee deep in one of the campaigns,” said Manus, who campaigned for GOP gubernatorial candidates Meg Whitman and Arnold Schwarzenegger. But “I haven’t given one cent to a candidate. Actually that’s not true. I gave to Kamala Harris,” a Democrat running for U.S. Senate.

Those closed checkbooks are particularly painful as the liberal Bay Area is also one of the nation’s top fundraising locations for conservatives. Bay Area Republicans may be a bit more moderate, but they’re generous. Collectively the region gave $33 million to Republican federal candidates and conservative causes in the 2012 presidential election cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

12 Likes

Well, she did kick in $1.15 million dollars to save the valley floor entrance to Telluride, Colorado. The plan was to turn it into condos around a golf course, she helped stop that. Thanks, Meg, but I still don’t like you. Chris Christie? Omg.

7 Likes

They can pay Trump to go away, though. Expensive, but with the right VP on deck, they could have a chance against Clinton, or, if Trump somehow wins, have him resign due to “illness” or immanent impeachment.

The poisonous vapor that wafts off of galvanized metal when it’s heated —

I think that’s very likely simply because he’s refusing to spend money on things any serious candidate must have. Very little staff, hardly any ads, ground game, data, nothing. The game’s starting and he doesn’t have the money to ante up. I think we all deplore the fund-raising aspect of modern campaigning, but it’s a huge irony that this braying jackass almost certainly doesn’t have the money, isn’t trying to get it in any seriously effective way, and is making potential donors who are actually rich figure the money’d be thrown away for nothing.

16 Likes

If integrity and strength of character are factored into your equation …

then I believe that you are SPOT ON ! —

3 Likes

But the Mussolini comparison is dead on.

6 Likes

Another satisfied customer…

2 Likes

I don’t think comparisons to Hitler are unfair. Mussolini wasn’t an eliminationist like Hitler. Trump’s bigotry puts him squarely in Hitler’s corner.

And as far Trump and his money goes, I don’t know why Mark Cuban knows more about it than anyone else, but he swears Trump isn’t spending cause he’s out of money and can’t afford to finance his own campaign anymore.

IT will be difficult for him to find any big money donors.

2 Likes

Which begs the question:
Is the GOP better off losing the White House? For the long term I’ll bet a lot of elite R’s are thinking so.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available