Discussion: Report: Dems 'Expected' To Be Invited To Later Briefing On Russia Probe

This isn’t nearly enough. By the time of the Gang of 8 meeting (if it even happens), Devin Nunes will have flooded the airwaves with preemptive mind pollution.

9 Likes

Wiki:
Edward O’Callaghan is an American Republican lawyer, former co-chief of the terrorism and national security unit of the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York, who resigned from the US Attorney’s Office in July, 2008 to join John McCain’s presidential campaign. One of three leaders of Sarah Palin’s Alaska “truth squad,” O’Callaghan became the public face of Palin’s legal pushback against ethics charges related to her former brother-in-law, the so-called “Troopergate.” From 2009 to 2011, he worked at the law firm Nixon Peabody, then from 2011 to 2017, he was a partner at the New York office of law firm Clifford Chance. In 2017, he became the principal deputy assistant attorney general of the National Security Division at the U.S. Department of Justice.

4 Likes

O’Callaghan moved into private practice in March 2009 when the law firm Nixon Peabody announced he had joined its Government Investigations and White Collar Defense Practice Group.[2] In 2011, he joined the international law firm Clifford Chance in New York as a Partner in its White Collar, Regulatory Enforcement and Government Investigations practice group.[3] Since joining Clifford Chance, O’Callaghan has worked on several high-profile representations, including Achilles Macris, who was head of the London branch of JP Morgan’s chief investment office, where the trader nicknamed the “London Whale,” Bruno Iksil, worked; [4] Jeffrey Webb, the former President of CONCACAF and FIFA Executive Committee Member, in the criminal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) indictment pending in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York; [5] and Fokker Services, B.V., in the successful negotiation of a Deferred Prosecution Agreement (DPA) with DOJ involving historical violations of the U.S. sanctions, and related court proceedings in United States District Court for the District of Columbia and the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. The Fokker case represented a landmark victory that established important constitutional limits on judicial review of DPAs.

4 Likes

Well this article may not make you feel any better but I think it’s worth a perusal.

BLUF: they’re just making it up as they go along.

5 Likes

Sounds an awful lot like “separate but equal(???)”

Screw the Repug. SOBs. Dems should crash the party!

1 Like

And just remember, Trump is constantly saying "we’ll see . . . " when it comes to any subject he wants to dodge – which is most subjects he comes across.

5 Likes

Jeeze, you’re right.

I wasn’t aware but he’s treating us all like children.

2 Likes

Not sure why twitter won’t show without clicking, anyone know why?

2 Likes

You Broke The Internet ! ! —

6 Likes

OT. How can anyone take this Whitehouse and the cabinet, especially the Sec of State, seriously? I am quickly forming a terminal opinion. This is a nation characterized by poor citizenship. Perhaps nations really do get the governments they deserve. Feh!

12 Likes

Again!? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I fiddled around, found this. Maddow reported this last night, and it’s hard to even think about it a second time. Clapper is convinced Russians handed PuPPet the election. A little sweet talk and promise of some Moscow real estate development, and he was theirs

James Clapper former Dir of National Intelligence, says his "informed opinion" is given massive effort, number of citizens touched and fact result turned on less than 80 thousand votes in 3 states...the Russians turned the 2016 election" @NewsHour tonight

— Judy Woodruff (@JudyWoodruff) May 23, 2018
7 Likes

There goes that noble prize (sic). Not to worry, donald, Philip Roth never got one in his lifetime either.

8 Likes

But he’s still in the running for “The Nubile Piece Prize”.

17 Likes

Very good. My chapeau’s off to you.

3 Likes

That is a lost waif/naive imbecile explanation. I believe that we are dealing with a vile and malevolent psychopath.

2 Likes

Maybe the Dems can get in on the next one of these ? ? …

1 Like

I’m blown out. He’s gone from " Mexico will pay for the wall!" to accepting donations for construction.

6 Likes

Schiff tells Rachel that a cabinet member/ head of one of the intelligence agencies told him the meeting will go forward tomorrow with the Gang of Eight.

7 Likes

Are the Girl Scouts involved?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available