Discussion: Recording Of Sound Tied To Diplomat Attacks In Cuba Adds More Mystery

Research conducted by the U.S. military decades ago showed that short, intense “pulses” of microwaves could affect tissue in the head in a way that was interpreted by the ear as sound, meaning that a microwave device could potentially “beam” sounds directly into people’s heads.

Of course, you still can’t pick the channels you want.

8 Likes

Well, the Navy does already have some experience in this area.

4 Likes

Old Pootie sure seems to go in for this weird sciencey stuff. Just sayin’.

4 Likes

I used to play in a community orchestra that sounded like that.

17 Likes

In curiosity, I pressed play and my old cat went from a contented snore to full on ‘mouse mode.’ I heard it too, and it reminded me of the summer the 17 year cycle locusts and the 13 year cycle locusts ‘bloomed’ together in Kansas that drove people nuts! I know, it was Kansas, so how do you know?

5 Likes

I don’t know what it is, but it’s Trump’s fault.

7 Likes

I’m sure it’s Billy Joel rough tracks.

1 Like

It sounds to me like my tinnitus. (they were telling the truth about loud music and ears.)

6 Likes

The recordings also appear to rule out one possibility for a high-tech weapon: electromagnetic pulses…If that were the case, the sounds wouldn’t show up on a recording.

I don’t think it “rules out” EMPs or anything else. It just means that these recordings aren’t of EMPs. Could still be EMP attacks, or something else, plus these recordable sounds at the same time, as a red herring.

5 Likes

This.

3 Likes

Methinks Russia doesn’t want us repairing relations with Cuba.

17 Likes

Yes, now that you mention it, it sounds like one of those rodent deterrent where its ‘sonic.’

2 Likes

hahahahahahahaha Now that I mention my tinnitus you think of a rodent deterrent? hahahahaha I think I actually get it but I have to say it’s funny to me. hahaha

2 Likes

“Research conducted by the U.S. military decades ago showed that short, intense “pulses” of microwaves could affect tissue in the head in a way that was interpreted by the ear as sound, meaning that a microwave device could potentially “beam” sounds directly into people’s heads.”

Uh oh…

8 Likes

Those things make great coasters. Now, strobe lights are really annoying.

3 Likes

I remember when some companies were working on a washer that used sonic detergent. But I don’t recall anyone concerned about an application for cleaning rodents.

1 Like

Does my tinnitus mean I have a rodent free brain then?

2 Likes

Seems like a pretty plausible scenario. And if it’s the Russians, they could be working with hard-line elements within the Castro regime and/or Cuba’s intelligence services that may also oppose US - Cuba rapprochement. And Putin, old KGB hand that he is, no doubt has plenty of intelligence assets in the former Soviet ally. So yes, I think that’s a pretty solid guess.

5 Likes

Daggone you! I was thinking something from Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and you beat me to the music reference.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available