Discussion: Putin: US FIFA Probe Is US Going After Dissenters, Just Like With Snowden

Discussion for article #236851

“dissenters”. LOL – that word coming from someone who has murdered dozens of reporters, critics and activists. Putin even poisoned a dissident this week.

3 Likes

Mr Putin is afraid that any digging will uncover some dirty money connected with Russia’s 2018 World Cup award.

6 Likes

What dissenters could he even be talking about? What does FIFA have to do with the US government?

If Obama were interested in going after “dissenters,” there are plenty of people at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue that would provide far better targets than FIFA. And he ignores that it’s Swiss prosecutors who are probing the awarding of the 2018 World Cup to Russia. But I guess Putin would say that they are doing that at the behest of the US.

Putin said even if “someone has done something wrong,” Russia “has nothing to do with it.”

Hah! I fully expect that the evidence will show that Russia paid a handsome bribe to someone in connection with getting the 2018 World Cup, if for no other reason than that FIFA apparently didn’t award anything without the payment of a bribe. Hey, the money for a $6000/mo apartment solely your cats has to come from somewhere.

2 Likes

I find myself saddened to see Putin taking Russia down the road of grandiose delusions of persecution by foreign powers. It’s just so unlike the Russians to view everything that happens in the rest of the world as part of a grand plot to isolate and humiliate the Rodina by foreign powers inimical to her holy interests because they are intimidated by her greatness. It must have been exceedingly difficult for him to pull off such an amazing turnabout in the Russian cultural POV, even with complete control of the media.

Yes, sad, very sad. And shocking. Who could have foreseen that a despotic Russian ruler would do such a thing?

1 Like

He’s such an idiot. I guess that various of the charged have already pleaded guilty is meaningless. It’s only a matter of time before one of the bigger fish strikes a plea agreement implicating Blatter as well.

[quote=“NCSteve, post:5, topic:20916”]
It’s just so unlike the Russians to view everything that happens in the rest of the world as part of a grand plot to isolate and humiliate the Rodina by foreign powers inimical to her holy interests because they are intimidated by her greatness. It must have been exceedingly difficult for him to pull off such an amazing turnabout in the Russian cultural POV, even with complete control of the media.[/quote]

Really? This has been part and parcel of the Russian psyche since the 18th Century with what reforms Peter the Great was able to initiate being gradually eroded from the time time of Nicholas I. He may have been something of a drunken train wreck, but Russia has been becoming increasingly conservative since after Yeltsin.

Yeah. Kinda my point, there, actually.

You have to imagine that the Putin regime is a pretty good indication of what a Trump Presidency would be like. An egomaniacal asshole who will say anything to get attention and who will just make shit up to make himself look good.

The face of Loretta Lynch is actually striking terror in the hearts of evil doers around the world!

Now, let’s hope she trains her magnificent powers to go after our domestic evildoers–whose initials are DC.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available