Discussion: Pruitt Is Reportedly Starting An EPA Initiative To Challenge Climate Science

Auto-eradication.

4 Likes

The remaining Paris Accord signers are facepalming.

And Angela Merkel is going to change the barcode on Trump’s G20 ID pass to the same one used on the fake TIME magazine cover. BUZZZZZZ…sorry, you’re not authorized to attend . [door slam]

11 Likes

Don’t evaluate too hard, Mr. Pruitt, you may not like what you find.

4 Likes

Since when is it in the EPA’s jurisdiction to challenge widely accepted science? And just how does Pruitt expect to get the best and the brightest to work on this project when no one with any self-respect will accept a job in this administration?

4 Likes

Screw stairs, I want one of these. Getting rid of the oppressive business-killing gravity regulations could make it happen.

8 Likes

I want to thank everyone who voted for this mentally ill flat earther.

4 Likes

So Hair Burgher will host the after-meeting karaoke? Sounds like a, well, um, winning idea.

1 Like

" true, legitimate, peer-reviewed, objective, transparent discussion " - yea, like that will ever happen with Scott Pruitt.

5 Likes

Hurray! It’ll be the rest of the world (and all of the scientists who’ve fled to universities and think thanks, not to mention the few who’ve stuck it out within the beast) versus the US government.

3 Likes

Quakes, volcanic eruptions, giant landslides and tsunamis may become more frequent as global warming changes the earth’s crust, scientists said on Wednesday [September 16, 2009].

A sign on the way to the beach here in S.F.

3 Likes

By implication, is Mr. Pruitt stating that the general study and advancement of scientific knowledge in the US is not accomplished through a true, legitimate, peer-reviewed, objective and transparent process? Or, is this process okey-dokey except for those cases where the results are not politically palatable?

I think this administration wishes to return to those thrilling days of yesteryear, when states could own people as property, and Jewish physics had not yet contaminated pure Aryan physics.

7 Likes

Of all of the despicable acts from this administration, appointing Pruitt to the EPA disgusts and and upsets me almost more than anything else. His handling of the EPA will have cause drastic and critical long-term consequences that may not be reversible. I can’t even articulate how much his outright rejection and disdain for the scientific process, data and working scientists angers me. The effects of climate change are going to impact everyone person on the planet (not to mention the loosening of regulations on pollution in water and air. I could go on. Of course, he won’t live to see the fruits of his labors but my kids and my students will.

7 Likes

he had to read the fuckin lyrics. a real man of the people.

3 Likes

I guess this means the education secretary is convening a panel to evaluate creationism.

6 Likes

I can save everybody the trouble by presenting their findings here.

A. Temperatures are not rising.
B. Besides, rising temperatures are good for us.
C. Al Gore rode on a jet so climate change is a liberal plot.

10 Likes

D. It snowed last winter, so there.

6 Likes

I think a similar debate should delve into the alleged existence of gravity.

Welp, we now know the earth is flat… maybe Pruitt can look into that too.

You’re about to look at the world with new eyes… Every since you were a child, you’ve been taught some simple truths. 1+1 = 2, and the world you live in is a globe. We all know this is true, but how do we really know? Can you say how you know this without using the word NASA?

Is it possible that we are all living in a Truman show enclosed structure, thousands of miles wide? By the time you are done here, you’ll discover that it’s not only possible, but likely.

http://www.enclosedworld.com/

2 Likes

Not pictured in the article, Red Team, Blue Team.

2 Likes

Pruitt should have to live under the coal ash lake downwind from a coal-powered generating plant, with a fracking operation in his backyard.

5 Likes

So freaking stupid. Scientists who know climate change is real outnumber those who claim it is not by about 99 to 1. But I am sure red team and blue team will have equal representation because that is how you overcome being totally outnumbered. I am sure it will also be cast as “reality TV” so Americans will receive maximum misinformation. What a joke.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available