Discussion: Probes, Impeachment: House Dems Vow Action On Report Trump Told Cohen To Lie

You have to elaborate on the unrest could be created part. By whom and what would it look like. The American voters are behind the Democratic House because of what they’ve told us they’ll do to bring about the end of this presidency.

2 Likes

You have to elaborate on the unrest could be created part. By whom and what would it look like. The American voters are behind the Democratic House because of what they’ve told us they’ll do to bring about the end of this presidency.

Say, a minority faction in the Dem House, causing a distraction and making the MSM go “The Dems can’t get their act together” ? Too implausible ?

And you didn’t comment on Jason Leopold’s reputation for inventing facts ?

There are no dissenters in the makeup of today’s House. They are a cohesive majority, at last, who’ll be guided by the Speaker. But the MSM is not the final judge nor do they have abiding wisdom about political facts on the ground. Their goal is to fill the airwaves with news 24/7 and if they can throw out incendiary comments, they believe they’re winning. Don’t let them suck you in.

You tell me about his reputation. Have no time to look up what he’s said and done in the past.

1 Like

I’m thinking about what my favorite president and the prez who lead us to victory in WWII said in his first inauguration during the depression: “The Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself." We need to keep it in mind when the what if’s begin

2 Likes

hear, hear!

scroll up for his reputation, it’s getting late in CPH, so goodnight

Jason Leopold, small potatoes, h/t Hyman Roth.

I think about Ed Bradley doing stringer work in 'Nam and Murrow in WWII.

And Richard Engel…

On the other hand…I remember a crime true-life drama which featured a young person who was murdered and the storyline was that "it was such a shame because the individual wanted to be a ‘journalist in order to be famous’ ".

The U.S. has lots of Richard Engels. Put 'em to work.

1 Like

In reality here is what I think might happen. The House will eventually impeach Trump after the Mueller report. In the Senate the trial will present overwhelming evidence against Trump Yet enough Republican Senator’s will not vote to impeach Trump. Trump will survive and be a lame duck President for rest of his term. With criminal charges possibly facing him after he leaves office. By 2020 the country might be in a recession and the Democrats will win more seats in the House and win the Senate and the Presidency. In Jan 2021 the Democrats will be in the position the GOP was in 2017 controlling the entire government. Hopefully some normalcy and good will happen going forward. Meanwhile Trump supporters will go crawl back under their rocks and wait again for another time to reappear.

The media is educating the general public as to the criminal in the WH. Every new bombshell that comes to light builds on the over all theme of corruption. The co-conspirators are crying for deals, the Trump players are running for the exits. All the while Trump keeps the government shut down. It is the perfect storm of incompetence coupled with brazen entitlement. They are all going down.

News coverage for the past few decades seems to revolve around the TV reporter and his or her rep as a hard hitter or a fearless on the ground reporter. Before that it was mostly the news itself for bad or for good that was the story. Yes, Murrow reporting from London. While I didn’t personally witness it I’ve read enough to know HE in fact was fearless and later called out Joe McCarthy on air.

I agree with those who judge that the case against Trump needs to be very solid. What we can’t afford, among other things, is another never-ending partisan debate about whether the “left wing” railroaded Triump out of office. To be sure, there will be some of that. The case against Trump needs to be strong erong enough to meet the “reasonable person” standard that most people will accept. This situation is such a dire threat to the basic unity of the country that we can’t afford to leave a wide space for excuses, self-delusion, and demigogary.

2 Likes

One explanation for the Buzzfeed leak, could be that some ‘Pro-Trump’ persons in the SDNY office, saw the inevitabiliy of the main story. They decided to weaken the impact of a Mueller release, by front-running him, maybe adding a few distortions/exaggerations to make it appear unreliable and soften the blow.

The “not accurate” rebuttal is pretty weak and, sort of, confirms the essence of the story.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available