Discussion: Paul Ryan Roasts Trump, His Twitter Habits During Catholic Charity Dinner

I caught a few clips of it this morning.
Boy is he funnnyyyy
A real card
Should get his own comedy hour
How to enable a sociopath and fuck the poors Comedy Hour
The jokes on you America

11 Likes

Cue Ryan showering Trump with abject apologies, starting in 3…2…1…

5 Likes

Scum Republicans like Ryan are most infuriating when they laugh about their mean-spirited “philosophy.” Ryan, like the rest of his horde of anti-federalists, is running scared of Trump’s A-hole Nation, and you could see it in his nervous attempts at “joshing” people who haven’t a decent bone in their bodies.

Until we crush Trump’s A-hole Nation, none of us is safe. Here’s a short blog post on doing that:

Enjoy!

1 Like

I laughed…

I wonder, if it’s a coincidence that Presidents Obama and WBush - and now Speaker Ryan - starts expressing opinions… maybe the broom is coming down now ?

4 Likes

What if someone who wanted to skewer Trump wanted it to actually leave a mark, and actually had brains? I think it would go a little something like this…

7 Likes

I certainly don’t know but I’m sure of this much: Ryan’s the kind who goes along, but watchfully. Remember in the Access Hollywood aftershocks, he said anyone who needed to could cut Trump loose and swim away from the sinking ship so as not to get pulled under by the suction? I think if you want to know when Trump turns the corner and starts heading irreversibly downward, based on what people are saying and doing behind closed doors, watch Ryan. Not saying we’re there yet, but it’s the treacherous self-saving weasels like him who’ll abandon him firstwhen he’s going down. Some will hang in longer, because they’re believers. Some will hang in, just hoping he pulls it out. But the instant it’s hopeless, and not one instant longer, Ryan’s outta there.

11 Likes

Trump: Thats it, no tax cuts and ObamaCare for everyone for life.

1 Like

And in a politically functional nation, this would read, “Ryan roasts Trump during impeachment hearing.”

3 Likes

That was great, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Yep, he’ll abandon Trump when and only when it serves his desire to cling to the Speakership. Maybe a dozen WH staff indictments turn the page.

5 Likes

Our system, thank founders and thank God, is not designed with the expectation that every man in office is a virtuous, godly, perfect man. It was intentionally and carefully constructed so that when someone piled enough rope around to hang himself, soon folks would start stringing up that rope.

I think you’re exactly right. Ryan’s a zombie-eyed granny-starving dick, but he knows whose skin he values more: his or Trump’s.

(Nasty Ryan. No respect. Sad!)

4 Likes

M ake the
A ssholes
G o
A way

6 Likes

Careful, Paul. If you piss off Donald, he might run for Speaker of the House and take your job away.

2 Likes

https://randybryceforcongress.com/

2 Likes

Assuming he is not implicated with regard to Russia himself… with that assumption, I agree. It has nothing to do with decency or patriotism but with reading the wind. He is looking out of the corner of his left eyes at Obama and Bush’s speeches, or more broadly, the public’s sentiment they represent, while looking out of the corner of his right eyes at the progress of their tax cuts plan. And slowly and carefully laying the groundwork so when the time comes he can claim they’ve never been a party of Trump (well good luck with that). I am not sure if it’s a coincidence, as @clauscph commented, Obama, Dubya and Ryan took swipes at the moron at the same time. I am sure, however, it is NOT a coincidence Ryan piked the Al Smith Dinner to do so where he could safely make everything “jokes.”

4 Likes

Yeah, that was the un-funniest roast I think I’ve ever heard. Guess it is really hard for Ryan to muster up a sense of humor.

2 Likes

Yes!!! I donated to him through Act Blue. I hope he has a chance.

2 Likes

I’m not laughing now, but I just might if Bryce manages to unseat this feckless con man.

2 Likes

Well said. My reaction upon reading the article was “hardy freakin’ har.” Isn’t it funny to go to a posh dinner and joke about things that regular people are struggling with every day. And in that regard, it’s not just Ryan but all of them who attended the event and chuckled along. I guess they think it’s okay because it’s for charity, but the irony of it all seems utterly lost.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available