Discussion: Paul Ryan On Stopping A President Trump's Muslim Ban: We'll Sue Him!

I am sure that at least 2 or 3 of the remaining few Supreme Court justices will agree with you.

5 Likes

The first pre-impeachment in U.S. history. I wonder if theyā€™ll wait until the convention, or start the hearings now.

37 Likes

Weird weird weirdā€¦Trump has made for a very weird election seasonā€¦

7 Likes

ā€œJohn Roberts has made his decisionā€¦now let him enforce it.ā€

Donald ā€˜Old Hickory(-brain)ā€™ Trump

7 Likes

8 Likes

Itā€™s all relative, I guess. Heā€™s accused the President of treason, the candidate of murder, and a competitorā€™s father of conspiracy to assassinate a President. And heā€™s dropped f-bombs and bragged about his tool. But he hasnā€™t accused anyone of cannibalism or necrophilia yet, has he? Or used the c-word? Thereā€™s any number of things I hesitate to befoul this honorable board with that he might do. We got five months, and we may not have seen weird yet. Just sayinā€™.

37 Likes

Hey, that guy was good at it!

5 Likes

Every day in every way, Ryan shows he is a gutless wuss.

11 Likes

Sue him?? Have you scrambled your few remaining Tea Party gray cells with psychedelic mushrooms? Heā€™ll tell you ā€œGet in line!ā€

Resign. Stand on a street corner with your teacup and beg. Youā€™re worse than useless.

19 Likes

Right. And the laws of physics donā€™t change no matter how high you are. But with Trump, everything heā€™s done and will do makes that ā€œBut Hillaryā€™s worse!ā€ dodge a less and less sufficient counterweight. Theyā€™ll be scraping Ryan up with a snowshovel at some point for sure.

12 Likes

The prospect of a sitting, Republican Speaker of the House threatening a lawsuit against a policy proposal of the presumptive Republican Presidential nominee, should he be elected, is bat shit crazy.

16 Likes

ā€œI am going to keep being who I am, I am going to keep speaking out on things where I think itā€™s needed, where our principles need to be defended, and I am going to keep doing that, I hope itā€™s not necessary,ā€ Ryan said."

ā€œAnd I will keep on posturing, preening, and prevaricating. I will endeavor to keep on teasing and dissembling before a fawning press. I will persevere in inventing puerile titles to legislation that mean the exact opposite of what the bill is intended to do. I will never give up my magic asterisks because the freedom to invoke miracles and cast off the shackles of objective reality and evidence-based policy is an inaliable right. And if the GOP lasts for a thousand year, men (and a few odd women) will still say, this was itā€™s derpest hour.ā€

29 Likes

#1 The Republicans can never have enough committees
#2 The Republicans love to hold pressersā€¦err hearings.
#3 The Republicans love sending out subpoenas. I bet they have drawers and drawers of subpoenas just waiting to have names and dates filled in.
If you canā€™t legislate hold hearings!

7 Likes

Sue him! Well, I guess Paul Ryan is a helluva lot more like Donald Trump than he cares to admit - besides the fact that they are both colossal dicks!

11 Likes

trumpetā€™s lost Krauthammer whom Iā€™m assuming still has some influence, but in this silliest of seasons maybe not.

More riskily, Trump is now going toe-to-toe with a sitting president.

Barack Obama is no Jeb Bush. Heā€™s not low energy. Heā€™s a skilled campaigner who clearly despises Trump and relishes the fight. And he carries the inestimable advantage of the gravitas automatically conferred by seven and a half years of incumbency. Moreover, he now enjoys an unusually high approval rating of around 53 percent. Trumpā€™s latest favorability is 29 percent (Post-ABC News).

He concludes trumpetā€™s authentic but not electable

20 Likes

ā€œBut the last thing I want to see is a another Democrat in the White Houseā€

Feeling the Bern are we?

8 Likes

Yeahā€¦thatā€™s worked real well with a Democratic president. Do these people have ANY grip on reality? Isnā€™t this the same party that professes a real loathing of trial lawyers?

12 Likes

An authentic megalomaniacal egotistical misogynist race-baiting bat shyt cra cra being?

3 Likes

ā€œJohn Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it.ā€

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available