Discussion: Obama Reportedly Smacked Down Criticism Of His Syria Policy As 'Horsesh*t'

Discussion for article #226263

horseshit is the word.

37 Likes

Steaming pile of…

11 Likes

Once again, Obama comes through as sharp, direct, and clear-eyed. It’s a national tragedy that can’t parlay understanding into action.

15 Likes

Harm, arm, what’s the difference? Just 'cause no red squggly lines show up, doesn’t mean you don’t need to proofread.

I think it strains credulity to think we could have identified one group to arm in Syria without any of those weapons falling into ISIS’ control.

34 Likes

This is what happens when you buy into the racist idea that Obama won because he was Black, and not because voters rejected the sort of interventionism Clinton is once again pushing. At this rate, she may just manage to botch her campaign again.

I mean seriously, how do you go into 2016 arguing that we need to be more deeply involved in the Middle East? How do you end up thinking that’s a good argument to make politically? Especially if the GOP nomination ends up going to someone like Rand Paul?

And yeah, choosing a Jeffrey Goldberg interview as the forum for this criticism? That’s like, Schweitzer at the Romney fundraiser level tone deaf.

43 Likes

That was thoughtful of Hillary to use Rush Limbaugh’s “failure” meme.

With Hillary Clinton, you get the whole package - a Neoliberal on economics and a bloodthirsty Neocon on foreign policy.

13 Likes

White House officials confirmed the heated exchange to Rogin but wouldn’t confirm that Obama used that colorful language.

Good grief.
/face palm

Are reporters more concerned that he disagreed with the criticism or that he used “colorful language” And who were these “bipartisan” people complaining — I see Corker was mentioned but who else? I figure if you’re going to be gossipy and tell the story, at least tell all of it and knock off the “unnamed” bullshit.

Ooops, was that too colorful???

25 Likes

One wonders what a “more desirable outcome” would look like precisely. Assad is ousted and then what? Replaced by whom? Arming people willy-nilly has proven itself recently to be a poor choice, not that it was really ever in question.

11 Likes

Giving arms to any rebel in Syria earlier or later means they would have given them to ISIS. So horseshit is exactly the word.

23 Likes

Hear that Hillary. President said your comments are fantasy. You;ve been told!!!

2 Likes

I think it means more likely that ISIS would have filled the vacuum and ended up in charge when the dust settled. The militant groups are pretty good at doing just that.

6 Likes

Bravo, Mr. Obama!!! The horse**** drips from these buffoons and America, if not the broken but never silent media, is sick of them.

5 Likes

Are these the same damned people who were so gung-ho on invading Iraq? How has that damned nonsense turned out? I’m really questioning if supporting Hillary is a good idea…

21 Likes

Dealing with the anti-Assad rebels is a much more complicated situation then dealing with the Kurd’s in Iraq, which is what a lot of people are comparing it to

Many of the anti-Assad rebels are ISIS like Islamic extremist. What ever weapons we give them could very easily end up pointed in the wrong direction at some time. Obama was smart not to let that happen

13 Likes

corker?? I know that name. Something to do with this state. mmmm lets see. gets a paycheck from taxpayers, screws over workers so he can keep getting one. when he is noticed he is an embarrassment. His dreams far exceed reality. Hides from public view constantly. Only attends fund raisers and quiet junket rides. Has a mississippi bimbo do his dirty work.
oh I know this guy. so full of horseshit.

13 Likes

Asterisk is ridiculous.

This news is supposed to written by grown-ups for grown-ups, right?

8 Likes

So, Corker is really as stupid as he appears to be. It’s not just an act with him. Good to know.

8 Likes

Horsesht is considered offensive colorful language? Are you serious? After listening to Richard Nixon’s tapes on the new HBO documentary, horseshit is the equivalent of doodie.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available