Discussion: NPS Approves 'Unite The Right' Anniversary Rally Outside White House

If all else fails they can end their unemployment woes by going to work for Fox News. Then being a Nazi will BE their job.

3 Likes

No, the NPS has to approve the permit for both, as both are comparable free speech protests. The NPS, at least so far, has not been subsumed to the point that it will shut down one side of the conversation. And, if it does try, it will be a scandal and not matter, thousands will show up in opposition anyways.

Itā€™s easy to forget that there are still good people in the government who are aghast at what is happening at the topā€¦that is why Trump and company are trying to hard to get the power to fire government employees at will, so they can get rid of the defenders of our principles and replace them with, well, Nazis.

13 Likes

So, I take it youā€™re opposed to most country music concerts?

Nazis; Swastikas and Confederate Flags in front of Trumpā€™s White House- canā€™t wait to see them in those fun election ads come September and October.

12 Likes

Weā€™ll leave the light on for ya! <3

2 Likes

And just think of the selfies they can take to send out in their Christmas cards.

3 Likes

This is a really bad idea. Yes it will make for horrible optics for Trump, which is a good thing, but it is almost guaranteed to lead to violence.

3 Likes

Iā€™m beginning to think their losing their jobs is less likely any more. Opens the businesses up to lawsuits for freedom of expression, especially if theyā€™re not doing it on company time.

[sigh]

ā€œwhite civil rightsā€

I think I have all that I need thanks.

4 Likes

While I understand the need and/or the impulse to counter-protest, I think it would be more effective to ignore this one. Brownshirted youth in MAGA hats and Nazi symbols in D.C. Just let them vent their spleen in front of the White House on a hot day in August all by themselves. Thereā€™s times when dignified silence is an effective response to a deliberate provocation. Res ipsa loquitor.

4 Likes

You mean the jodhpurs?

2 Likes

Didinā€™t Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck hold one of these in DC once before and it resulted in Obama winning the White House by an even bigger popular and electoral vote than the first time? Do you think there will be public whippings and other S&M demonstrations this time? Iā€™m sure they could torch the White House and nobody would rush to put the fire out.

3 Likes

Yeah, and Spankeeā€™s (mal)administration hasnā€™t exactly been kind to the NPS.

1 Like

NAZIs gathering in front of the White House. The optics of this will be amazing.

The rush of photojournalists heading to DC en masse may throw the Earth of its axis.

11 Likes

The new Third Reich is way too far along to be talking about dignified resistance. It could be your children that are taken from you by Trump next. Republicans have gone full scale fascist and are angry that they didnā€™t get to keep their child abuse labs to punish Hispanics.

1 Like

Actually, Iā€™d be for both on the same day, but at opposite ends of the Mall. So we can get some great aerial shots of crowd size.

You know, so we can compare. Like, say, inaugural crowd sizes.

12 Likes

Nobody can possibly keep up with this crap.

1 Like

Pfft. As if Trump is going to fire Stephen Miller.

1 Like

Prelude to trumpā€™s military parade?

2 Likes

This will get the best ratings. Strong!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available