Discussion: No Pivot Here: Trump Asks, Why Would I Tone It Down When I'm 'Winning?'

Didn’t they learn last time? I mean, FFS, some lessons are actually easy.

6 Likes

Doncha’ love the Charlie Sheen methodology of ‘winning’ as displayed by the Donald?

7 Likes

What? No Barron von Miller?

8 Likes

This morning on 538
Polls Plus: 79.5 - 20.5
Polls Only: 87.5 - 12.4
Now Cast: 96.4 - 3.6

WINNING!

19 Likes

Has anybody told him he sounds a lot like Baghdad Bob.

4 Likes

Delusion does not even begin to describe the strange case of The Donald and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamworld…

11 Likes
No Pivot Here: Trump Asks, Why Would I Tone It Down When I'm 'Winning?'

The closing quotation mark goes before the question mark in a case like this. Just sayin’.

6 Likes

He’s tied up with Cub Scout camp.

1 Like

29 Likes

“I’m a driver, I’m a winner. Thing’s are gonna change, I can feel it.”

2 Likes

Look, he is right. No other steak and bottled water magnate has gotten so far before.

13 Likes

Past tense…“when I have been winning…”.

Hah, even Trump subliminally realizes he’s no longer wining! What a hoot!

3 Likes

Well, his tone has changed over the past several days. Among other things, going from dissing Ryan and McCain, to endorsing them. Another example, trying to give a (minimally) passable standard Republican speech on the economy and taxes. I don’t expect Trump ever to admit that he is trying to execute a mid-course correction, but I think those of us at TPM don’t need a Trump admission to know what he is doing. I think the more important question is whether he can stay on this track and whether, by doing so, if he can bring back enough Republicans and working class white voters to win the race.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, because all the spark is gone.
Mike Pence is more thrilling than Trump reading from a script.

8 Likes

He is the worst telelpromter reader I have ever seen.

22 Likes

I can’t even begin to imagine the epic meltdown Drumpf will have when he gets buried in a landslide this fall.
I can’t even begin to wipe the shit-eating grin off my face when I imagine that.

18 Likes

TRUMP - in serious state of confusion - screams - “I’m a Wiener … this is what wieners drive! … can’t change direction … this thing is out of control… …the people love this … can’t stop… this is greatness…”

3 Likes

If he plays monkey to the RNC organ grinder more than a couple more times before the election I’d be surprised. He’s given his economy speech. There’s probably a national security/defense speech in the offing, another teleprompter affair. Maybe one “and in summation” stab at trying to convince voters he’s not batshit looney shortly before the election. That’ll about be it. Asking Trump to be calm, measured and muted is akin to the proverbial herding of cats.

13 Likes

I know. Just let Trump be Bartlett and everything will be fine.

2 Likes

“A lot of people are saying” that Paul Ryan is now officially on suicide watch and not allowed anything sharper than a butter knife within arm’s reach. True?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available