Discussion: New York Times: Bridgegate Indictments Coming Next Week

Discussion for article #235151

“Face it, Flounder, you fucked up. You trusted us.”

13 Likes

Fingers crossed.

I wanna see Christie doin the perp walk soooooooooo bad…

15 Likes

More like a Derp Perp Waddle

9 Likes

I hope the Feds take down Governor Soprano

9 Likes

I remember (well, I think I remember) a friend’s mom dismissing Nixon’s protestations of innocence: “Oh, sure,” she said, “the madam’s a virgin.”

23 Likes

I’m stocked up on salt, butter and corn. Favorite beverages are a short distance away. Sky’s the limit. Don’t disappoint me.

7 Likes

Hope they indict and convict them all, not just Christie’s flunkies.

Remember what happened when VP Cheney committed treason? His chief of staff took the fall, didn’t rat out the Dickster, and the Shrub pardoned the chief of staff for his service.

4 Likes

You know why conservatives are so sure Obama ordered the IRS to make life difficult for conservative groups applying for tax exempt status? Because that’s what they would do.

34 Likes

That’s going to take several people ratting him out. I suspect one thing that Christie did learn while working on the DA’s office, is how to properly insulate himself from criminal charges.

Still, the damage has been done. His presidential hopes are a fading memory at this point.

12 Likes

I recall it took three years to finally get Rod Blagojevich in Illinois. He shot off his mouth about how “They got nuttin” to anybody who’d listen. Rod telling David Letterman on national TV was extra funny. But in the end Rod got 14 years in the slammer.

9 Likes

While I don’t believe Christie will be indicted (one can hope), you can stick a fork in him cause he’s done.

4 Likes

Bingo!!!

‘That which we detest in others we see in ourselves.’

And I was so looking forward to seeing him deal with crazy voters at campaign events. And now who’ll be on the debate stage to make Rand Paul look even-tempered? Such a disappointment…

2 Likes

Interesting that David Samson announced retirement 12 hours ago.

12 Likes

Hoping like Hell Christie is endighted. I can picture Christie telling the judge “sit down and shut up”, then the judge revokes his bail. lol

Ding Ding Ding!!!

Thank you for that link. Samson is the best hope to get Christie and I hope he is singing like a bird.

2 Likes

No, Bush commuted his sentence.

He did not pardon him.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available