Discussion: NBC News President Wants An Edgier 'Meet The Press'

Chuck “Its not my job to Report the News” Todd and edgy is the same sentence is laughable - as a matter of fact this is an oxymoron.

6 Likes

It’s to make it easier to insert the electrodes.

1 Like

Panelists and journalists en mass?

Hard to fathom this really will occur.

After a few weeks of Chris Hates, Lawrence O’Donnell and Rachael Maddow or Josh Marshall, watch the guest list shrivel down to DNC, DSCC and the rest will be crickets.

1 Like

…wardrobe malfunctions…

The shitty haircut is an effort to disguise the thinning which could get in the way of doing “edgy.”

3 Likes

Allow me to interpret for you: NBC News President wants fewer outspoken Democrats and more nonsense spouting Republicans on MTP. A very difficult problem to solve - what is less than zero?

8 Likes

But wasn’t Todd the one who said it wasn’t his job to question or validate or challenge what some politician said… or correct the facts? Doesn’t this new edgier MTP fly in the face of who Todd was passing himself off as? Are they all really so thin?

7 Likes

Darn, it took me all of 30 seconds to answer my own question: Chuck Todd!!!

2 Likes

Chuck Toad: the quintessence of edge.

By edgier she means having a rectangular table, instead of a round one.

3 Likes

Needs to supergel spike it…

Meet The Press has been a free pass for the GOP to spout their nonsensical talking points every week without any push back. Wanna bet if they can’t do that anymore most of them stop showing up.

6 Likes

edgier
Chuck Todd

Pick one. Todd is about as edgy as an AARP bus trip to Atlantic City.

3 Likes

And the loss to the Republic will be catastrophic!

2 Likes

as edgy as a stick of melted butter…and the butter is more intresting

2 Likes

No… They will always have FOX News.

Moderator Chuck Todd being edgy: Senator McCain could you tell our audience why the President has been a complete failure feel free to jump in there when you can Senator Graham.
I would like to thank Senators Graham and McCain for thier commentary and now I have questions for Vice president Cheney and his daughter." Vice President could you tell us how this president destroyed all of the nation building you did in Iraq and Afghanistan"
Same shit different day

4 Likes

By “edgy” they mean an unapologetic shill for the GOP-Corporate Axis. Oh, wait, that’s what they already are.

1 Like

I suppose NBC has given up on their liberal viewers a long time ago. They are attempting to be more like Fox News and therefore trying to attract those viewers.

This isn’t about reporting FACTS and keeping the public informed, it’s all about generating ratings.

Rachel Maddow or Joy would have been far better as moderators of ‘Meet the Presss’, but Republicans are afraid of Rachel and NBC feels they’d never be able to book their favorites, Lindsey and John had they chosen Rachel.

I give Chuck Todd two years in the seat before he’s replaced.

5 Likes

I don’t see Chuck Todd being edgier. Edgy just isn’t part of his personality.

This is sort of like putting a church accountant in the pulpit on Sunday morning. He will get the numbers right, but don’t expect him to deliver a message that will have the people in the pews reaching for their wallets.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available