Discussion: National Dems' Attacks On Progressive Signal Aggressive Posture For Primaries

If the DCCC’s job has been to get Democrats elected, they have been doing a REALLY shitty job. No Senate, no House, no POTUS, gerrymandered GOP shit all over the state electoral maps. NICE JOB LOSERS.

It’s the local organizers and the grass roots movements that are really moving the Democratic message and candidates forward these days.

Doug Jones beat Rapey Roy because the DCCC totally let the local organizers run the show.

Let the Democrats in TX figure this out, and then follow their lead.

2 Likes

Here’s who’s on it currently and it includes a couple of people we’ve been lauded as saviors of the party, Joe Kennedy III for one, Ted Lieu for another. Twitter addresses available.

But if the headline on this story isn’t about the worst we’ve seen all week, I don’t know which one is. But it includes “attack”, so it’s all good.

3 Likes

In what way is she responsible for her husband’s actions? When did she find out about this stuff and what did she do?

1 Like

The dream is alive

2 Likes

I simply want this handled at the local level. I want the DCCC to stay OUT of these elections because all they do is make a mess of things. I want them to follow the lead of the local Democrats, who will then decide how inform their voters, choose their candidates, and run their primaries and elections.

The DCCC has become a useless, bloated, bureaucracy bound albatross around the Democratic Party’s neck. I refuse to give them a dime these days. I either contribute directly to the candidates, or I make monthly donations to organizations like Indivisible and Run for Something. They are actually the real deal.

3 Likes

:blush::blush::blush:

If the DCCC’s job has been to get Democrats elected, they have been doing a REALLY shitty job. No Senate, no House, no POTUS, gerrymandered GOP shit all over the state electoral maps. NICE JOB LOSERS.

Uh, what? You’re not aware of the various seats we’ve picked up in local races around the country since 1/1/18? Actually, you just don’t care. Don’t know and don’t care to know. Actually, you’re the loser for sh*tting all over Dems when you should be out there supporting them. But, where would the fun be in that???

ETA: And then, when the D trip doesn’t give money to candidates you want elected then you’ll end up saying something to the effect of
“Why won’t they give _____money??”

2 Likes

Then join the GOP, asshole - their whole party is committed to the philosophy of being jerks.

5 Likes

Actually, jerks ARE losers. But don’t tell this DCCC idiot.

1 Like

The real problem here is not the ideologues: at least they get out and vote in the primaries. The real problem is that the moderates and independents don’t vote in the primaries. The net effect is that either party can very easily pick some one in their primary who doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell in the general.

The DCCC’s role in part is to try and correct for this bug but they are often ham- handed in how they go about it.

4 Likes

All those successful Democratic 2017 candidates were elected because of new groups liked Run for Something and Indivisible, and because of all the amazing local grassroots organizing, WHICH I’VE BEEN A PART OF, that has taken place from the ground up since Trump was elected. It has NOTHING to do with the DCCC. I have monthly donations going to Indivisible and Run for Something, I donate directly to the candidates, I am now part of the real Democratic Party — and it’s local, vital, and heading towards the House and Senate.

The DCCC has become a useless bloated bureaucracy. That’s why HRC lost. And, no, I did not like Sanders, and I did everything I could to support HRC.

The DCCC has been on my shitlist since 11/16. And they have done nothing to come off. NOTHING.

4 Likes

Seriously, as strongly as people here seem to feel about how well the DCCC performs on behalf of any given candidate, or not, the people on the committee need to hear from party members who believe they’re on the wrong track. Hashing it out here gets it nowhere.

5 Likes

By whose definition is she an outspoken progressive leader of the resistance? She looks like any run-of-the-mill political mercenary to me, and if that “damaging information” is false it should be easy to refute.

Am I the only one thinking it is a trifle ironic that people in Texas are unhappy with the DCCC interfering in their elections? Anybody else been around when the gripe is that the national committees never give to local Texas elections? That usually they ignore us as if Texas Dems never exist except as a source of funds?

5 Likes

While I agree with you even though this isn’t my district any information is better than none. Carpetbagging will not go well in TX.

1 Like

Trust me. They have heard from me. :rage:

2 Likes

I don’t know the candidates in this district, but I think the DCCC person is right. Politics is a tough, no-nonsense business. It’s about winning and losing. Often, it’s about the least-bad, not the best.

Regaining control of the House is the absolute top priority this year. The future of American democracy could depend on it. Next to that, ideological purity is a minor matter.

4 Likes

As soon as I see the Texas Organizing Project getting irate, I will as well. This is right in their backyard.

Do it! But I too don’t contribute to them but to individual candidates, it seems to more efficiently help an individual I personally support. I have to live with that person if she’s elected, not a committee

2 Likes

I agree completely, 100%. I am not certain, however, that the DCCC’s actions in this case support that goal. I know they say they support that goal, but as a practical matter, I think their actions were potentially counter-productive to that entirely worthwhile goal.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available