Discussion: National Dems' Attacks On Progressive Signal Aggressive Posture For Primaries

Her husband has some workplace abuse stuff it seems. DCCC may have saved that opportunity with this move.

6 Likes

Taking the House was a nice idea while it lasted…

4 Likes

Ahh, the “Purity Police” are back at it I see; Хороший товарищ по работе

The DCCC’s job is to GET DEMOCRATS ELECTED.
Not meet YOUR idea of what a “Pure” Democrat is.
Moser has tons of baggage that make her an easy target for the TX Republicans (and the “Carpetbagger” charge is the most potent.)

Get over yourself.

15 Likes

I wish the party’s “can win” stamp of approval were as great a boost as what their “can’t win” dismissal turns into a self fulfilling prophecy.

2 Likes

The Dems are the enemy of non corporate owned candidates just like Republicans.

3 Likes

That is pretty damaging information, if true. There is no point in backing candidates who have “fatal” flaws, no matter their policy positions.

13 Likes

Bot-driven ad views are what drive online news, and nothing brings out the bots like a good Democrats in disarray story even if there’s little to no “there” there.

4 Likes

Yes he does and so does the company he works for. His name is Arun Chaudhary and the company is called Revolution Messaging. There is an article about his and the companies issues in the Huff post today. If the accusations are correct then it would probably be best if she removed herself from the race.

7 Likes

The reality is that things like this are what turn voters off. Its just idiotic.

“Laura Moser, as creator of the popular text-messaging program Daily Action, gave hundreds of thousands of
despondent progressives a single political action to take each day. Her project was emblematic of the new energy forming around the movement against Trump, led primarily by women and often by moms.”

All the people she’s been moving to get involved are now pissed off. Who knows maybe that’s a good thing, but for The DCCC and Emily’s list to attack this woman is completely nuts and bodes ill for the midterms.

6 Likes

It will have zero impact on the midterms other than that we’re going to win TX-07. I think people like Moser and Randy Bryce are opportunists, not the real deal. Bryce, for example, is great at marketing, and he has raised a lot of money but he’s going up against someone who has 10x more money. There are 3-4 other districts in WI where the money ought to be going to where the GOP incumbent will not have nearly as much money. He is sucking up money around the country and is having a big crowding out effect. Moser is another.

3 Likes

Look – she’s #3 in a six person primary. Alex T. has the most money in the bank – is out-raising Culberson – and is plenty progressive.

The DCCC should have just stayed the hell out of it. They’re not wanted – anywhere – in Texas.

As far as the DNC goes, the Texas ATM is about to go dry as well… we can’t depend on the beltway to rebuild the party here in Texas. The grassroots is going to do it… and they thought that the Tea Party caucus was problems. Just wait.

6 Likes

Among the purists, losing is the point, the goal. Losing is not a bug, it’s a feature.

I keep coming back to the 12% of Sanders voters in the primaries, who went on to vote for Trump in the fall. Mostly out of pure spite.

3 Likes

KEEP IT LOCAL. Let the local organizers run the show and the voters decide and stay the hell out of it!

God I hate the DCCC. And I’ve been a registered Democrat for over 40 years. It’s just so dang depressing. They are SUCH idiots.

5 Likes

The DCCC hasn’t been doing that bang-up of a job. They’re like seagulls: fly in from the coast, eat all your food, crap all over and fly home.

3 Likes

I’d really like to agree with you that the actions of the DCCC would have zero impact on the midterms, but unfortunately they’ve been losing elections since 2001 and it looks like they’re heading us into another losing year.

1 Like

“Better to be a jerk than a loser,” a Democratic strategist who’s doing some work with the DCCC this cycle told TPM.

This dude is underestimating himself, it looks like he can be both.

2 Likes

That’s one view, another is that 12% were people who had crossed over from the Right. Like Reagan Democrats they were Bernie Republicans.

2 Likes

So you prefer to keep the voters in the dark until the general election, when the other party can bring this information to light? This is NOT difficult information to find. If the DCCC had it, the Republicans would, too.

Simple question for everyone getting mad about this:

Why do you want Americans voting in ignorance?

9 Likes

Respect for tradition.

1 Like

And this is EXACTLY why I no longer donate to the DCCC. My contributions go to specific candidates. The DCCC continues to undercut progressive candidates even when they have proven they can raise more money than the DCCC preferred candidate. The leaders of the Democratic party are fighting yesterday’s battles with yesterday’s candidates and yesterday’s strategies. They are going to do great in 2006.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available