Discussion: MSNBC Finally Axes Ronan Farrow's Show In Programming Shake-Up

Discussion for article #233463

Thank you God.

3 Likes

Ratings lower than public access cable sure can get a show canceled, yes. But shows have staff, a wrong photo is hardly a gaffe by the host. THAT’s the job of the producer to confirm, assuming the host was even the one responsible for pulling a photo in the first place, though that’s usually a staffer’s job. “The show had problems, such as showing a photo of…” Is more like it. FIFY.

PS, Never watched the show…

Who is Ronan Farrow? Is he related to Mia Farrow? To Ronan Tynan?

Mia’s son—rumored to be fathered by Frank Sinatra—and a very smart young man.

Just a terrible TV host.

2 Likes

But the most unfortunate news is buried at the end of the story: the cancellation of Joy Reid’s show! She is smart, articulate, fair, well-informed (as opposed to Sharpton!). I will really miss her show!

4 Likes

Joy Reid is an asset to MSNBC, they fucked up again. I understand Ronan, though he’s a wiz kid he’s boring. Joy Reid is a Joy to watch!!.They need to fire Joe and Mika, This network just need to get rid of Phil Griffin .

10 Likes

Not surprised about Ronan’s show.
I am shocked about Joy Reid’s.

4 Likes

I saw parts of his show twice and he was unbearable to watch.

Like someone stated, he dragged down Joy’s show/ratings. He should have followed Joy instead of her following him.

2 Likes

Rumored? Take a look at that face. He IS Frank’s son.

2 Likes

Absolutely! She’s one of the smartest political analysts I’ve seen. It’s a real tragedy that her show was canceled and yet the focus is on the young, celebrity kid who was a terrible host. SMH

He couldn’t look more like Sinatra if he tried.

5 Likes

How are they going to replace him. More prison show reruns? Those things are dragging MSNBC down now.

4 Likes

This is so true. Joy Reid is a real find … I can understand why they might want to focus on straight-news stuff during the day but I certainly hope they keep using here wherever possible. Also heard Chris Hayes is losing his show, which sucks as well.

2 Likes

Yes he is a very smart young man and not everyone can have a successful TV show,

3 Likes

I agree. I cannot imagine why they have to show all those prisons shows when they have so many other shows in their coffers they could repeat.

1 Like

I loe her. That is one brilliant woman. I am glad they found a spot for her. I never see her show because I am at work

1 Like

Chris Matthews continues to hang on and that is beyond me,he has some good guest but he talks over them so much I’m surprised they keep coming back.Solve the problem give him his own show with no guest.

icymi -
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/19/after-msnbc-axes-ronan-farrow-and-joy-reid-s-shows-is-chris-hayes-next.html

“Going left was a brilliant strategy while it lasted and made hundreds of millions of dollars for Comcast, but now it doesn’t work anymore…The goal is to move away from left-wing TV.”

2 Likes

Yep !!

I guess us lefties aren’t sitting in front of the boob tube all day getting riled up about the news.
Personally, I watch Rachel and a little bit of other recorded news in the AM normally, then go to work unless I have no time, then it builds up to many Rachel shows on the weekend. There is no time for Ronan and the part of one show that I watched seemed like college programming, pretty weak really.
The gist of this is, that the news isn’t appealing but entertainment news is, so screw the facts and informing the public, we got yachts to buy. Canning Joy Reid and considering the same for Chris Hayes proves this because they are hugely informative and do the investigative kind of stuff that is real news.

If MSNBC turns more rightward, I will turn them off completely other than Rachel, whom I hope will find a better home.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available