Discussion: Mitt Romney To Speak Thursday On 'State Of The 2016' Race

Imagine the bubble Romney inhabits. In his mind, the better man lost in 2012 because The Media was against him and because Chris Christie betrayed him.
In his mind the last 4 years have been a disaster for the country. People regret their mistake in not electing him (at least that’s what his kids are telling him). Out of a sense of patriotism and deep unselfishness, he will offer himself up and this time he will be treated as a returning hero.
Pass the popcorn.

15 Likes

Will Mittens float a trial ballon for run number 3…?

3 Likes

Albert Brooks is writing for the Times now? Why is it so un-funny?

If he’s actually announcing, instead of scolding, it’s pretty clear the anti-Trump PAC people are behind it.

As they desperately try to persuade him to jump into self-immolation, AGAIN.

MITT!!

NO!
ONE!
CARES!!!

3 Likes

There seems to have been an agreement between Jeb and Romney that Jeb would be the establishment candidate. I doubt it is a coincidence that we have suddenly started hearing more from Romney now that Jeb is out of the race…

2 Likes

In my mind’s eye, he comes out on a stage and there’s an Adirondack chair and a table with a bottle of chard on it and he pours himself a glass, takes a sip, and says, “I’m as rich as fuck. And I hang out with other people who are rich as fuck. And sometimes when we’re sitting around the pool or the fire at the ski lodge or wherever we tell stories about crazy-ass shit Donald Trump has done. I’d like to tell you a few of those stories…”

Then, about 40 minutes later, he pours the last few drops into his glass, drinks it and says, “Well, there’s plenty more where that came from. But that’ll do for starters. It’s all true, and Donald, you know it’s true, so sue me, you fuck, and I’ll see you at the deposition. Good night, and God Bless America.” And he strolls off the stage, staggering just a little.

That would be cool. I don’t think that’s what’ll happen, but I wish it would.

22 Likes

It seems to me if that the GOP wanted Romney they would have coalesced earlier around Bush or even Kasich, maybe Scott Walker.

This is actually pretty funny.

5 Likes

Cool? Hell, I’d even respect the guy after that.

11 Likes

What makes Willard think that anyone is interested in what he has to say. Everybody knows he was only the GOP affirmative action candidate in 2012, just to make mormons feel included.

1 Like

Me too. They could put him on Rushmore as a savior of his nation. I wish I were joking.

2 Likes

If he’s critical of Trump, he is going to get walloped so hard that he will end hiding in his car elevator well.

5 Likes

That “Savior” thing is really really powerful. Hard to resist. Ask Fred Thompson, a man who was smart enough to know he didn’t want to be President no way no how and he still fell for it.

3 Likes

and the Trumphians, now completely hopped up on a self-righteous hate that mimics cheap meth and 'roid rage (ster- not hemor-) will crucify Willard Mittens if he tries to elbow in on DrumpfLand now

there isn’t enough popcorn in the world to cover the next 8 months!

2 Likes

For that matter, you could ask Trump himself.

4 Likes

If mr “cheesy grits” is the best they could do, they are even more desperate then it would seem.
The only thing funnier would be if they also trot out John McCain.

1 Like

Mittens the Mormon? Chardonnay? Um, no

now, a nice refreshing caffeine free 7-up, one of Ann’s fresh baked cookies, and a fresh pair of magic undies, maybe

4 Likes

OMG - after his first debate against Drumpf, Mittens would look like a pile of bloody grated cheese

Mittens doesn’t have it in him to go up against Drumpf so it makes me wonder just what he has to say that needs to be announced in advance

Inquiring minds want to know!

1 Like

Please. I’m aware of the various Mormon restrictions. But when I imagine things I imagine them the way I imagine them.

13 Likes

The most dynamic thing Romney could do is announce a third party campaign for the presidency but that he will drop out if anyone other than Trump is the Republican nominee. But I doubt he has that level of courage. As PlunkyInKY wrote, he will probably just “scold GOP voters.”

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available