Discussion: McMaster ‘Not Concerned’ By Reports On Kushner-Moscow Backchannel

2 Likes

“We have backchannel communications with a number of countries,”

and they all go secretly thru stateside (Name Country Here) diplomatic facilities /s

38 Likes

The Wraithing of H.R. McMaster Book 2: The Channels of Jared

34 Likes

McMaster is fast becoming a disappointment

43 Likes

I’m just gonna drop this here and then whistle my way out of this thread

29 Likes

McMaster another Trump henchman stooge and traitor to the US Constitution and the american people. #Traitor

19 Likes

McMaster is . fast becoming scary.

18 Likes

The main point, from my perspective, is that the Trump Administration is not denying the story. Not disputing any aspect of it.

While McMaster may want to play down the story, those of us who are unwraithed find Kushner wanting to use Russian communications equipment in their own Embassy pretty damning.

Kushner needs to have his clearance pulled at the very least until we can get to the bottom of this.

61 Likes

Yup. They don’t know what cards the investigators have, so they have to tailor their story accordingly. Did Flynn flip? Are there recordings? Both? All they can do is assume the truth will come out and skip ahead to “it’s no big deal.” I wonder if this is the lawyers’ influence.

20 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out the mechanics of the leak here. Because either someone thought this was important enough to burn sources/methods on tapping the russian ambassador, or the russian ambassador deliberately used a line he knew the US IC was listening to.

McMaster is in a cleft stick here, because can’t say anything about logan act or espionage or felony falsification of clearance documents and still keep his job. And who knows who would replace him.

9 Likes

On the other hand, why would he be concerned? It’s not HIS cock on the block. If I were in his shoes, him being in the clear, I might be dispassionate about the matter also. And, by this statement, he’s subtly messaging that backchannels exist. Okay by me.

Also, the world’s going to work around us. This statement is a big ‘fuck you, shit or get off the pot’ to His Corpulence.

Update, May 27, 2017: The G7 broke with tradition to release an unusual statement where six nations reaffirmed the Paris climate agreement, without the US. “The United States of America is in the process of reviewing its policies on climate change and on the Paris Agreement and thus is not in a position to join the consensus on these topics,” the communiqué reads. “Understanding this process, the Heads of State and of Government of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the United Kingdom and the Presidents of the European Council and of the European Commission reaffirm their strong commitment to swiftly implement the Paris Agreement.”
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2017/05/trump-spoils-g7-climate

29 Likes

Sorry McMaster, your explanation is unacceptable!

You will have to speak with more clarity and details!

Being our NSA Advisor, your ass should be abundantly considered. Otherwise you’re failing to fulfil your official duties. You’re not there to placate Trump, you’re there to keep ALL OF OUR ASSES safe, bitch!

10 Likes

http://rare.us/rare-humor/when-andy-samberg-and-justin-timberlake-starred-in-this-christmas-clip-snl-history-was-made/

3 Likes

Just maybe McMaster isn’t the paragon of Truth and Honor that we’ve been led to believe. Much like, to my endless surprise, Ryan was not the policy wonk that we were also somehow led to believe.

26 Likes

“We have backchannel communications with a number of countries,” McMaster

So Kushner is “We” as in US govt? Approved/tracked by US govt?

5 Likes

““We have backchannel communications with a number of countries,”
McMaster told reporters at the G7 summit in Sicily. “What that allows
you to do is communicate in a discreet manner so I’m not concerned.””

Cannot imagine what it took to construct that statement, say it and then calmly walk to the men’s rooms to wash the filth away.

9 Likes

There seems to be universal agreement that if anyone in the intelligence services tried to do what Kushner tried he would be charged with espionage. McMaster says it’s no biggie though just like he said it was no biggie when Trump passed Israeli classified info to the Russians and called the FBI director a nut job… And we’re supposed to give him a pass and mindlessly repeat how “honorable” he is. Because that was his official image and therefore is fixed in stone forever.

40 Likes

Yeah Russia, if you’re reading this discussion forum, "Release Trump Pence emails, now!

13 Likes

I for one want to see examples of back door communications that we have had or currently have in place now.

4 Likes

So much for “the Generals” . . .

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available