Discussion: McMaster Brushes Off Question On Reports He's Leaving Administration

1 Like

So, I guess McMaster is out.

9 Likes

Was McMaster baited into giving this response?

2 Likes

He added: “I’m still hoping I can get out of this with my reputation relatively int … uh, never mind.”

5 Likes

Flee, McMaster, there’s a mighty wave coming…

11 Likes

“Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeted that McMaster will not be leaving at this time.”

“Instead, she insisted, the President has ordered him to check into a remote UK hotel, and await further orders, warning that it may be a while before the White House calls, so he should just stay there in his room, no matter how long it takes, and don’t make any plans, because they’re sending someone.”

16 Likes

Not to be a Gloomy Gus but if he leaves and Bolton comes in it might mean that we all fucking die in a nuclear holocaust. Have a nice weekend, everyone! :sunglasses:

21 Likes

Sara Sanders:

Just spoke to @POTUS and Gen. H.R. McMaster - contrary to reports they have a good working relationship and there are no changes at the NSC.

Sean Hannity:

Spoke to Trump after Sanders… he is no set straight, and McMaster will be gone in 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Has McMasters done what is fatal in a Trump administration and insulted Vladimir Putin?

4 Likes

I think McMaster is just dangerously sane and sober. Too adult, won’t curl up next to the dotard during executive time and do each other’s toenails while making world-altering decisions based on what they’re hearing on Fox and Friends.

8 Likes

No, McMaster did what is fatal in a Trump Administration: acted like an adult and offered a smart opinion that differed from Toad-in-Chief (apologies to toads).

10 Likes

I’ve read it’s mostly that Trump feels McMaster “talks down” to him, as if an Army general who’s written books and stuff and got the Silver Star and taught history and strategy and all that would know more about stuff than a reality-show buffoon fake who hasn’t read a book since college. McM. obviously hasn’t learned to manipulate people well enough to think he has starry-eyed adulation for them when, to put it mildly, he doesn’t. A credit to him if you ask me but you’re not asking me.

14 Likes

On the one hand, you’d expect to select advisors who can, y’know, give you good advice. I think that’s the point.

On the other hand, Donald Trump has a very big, very good brain.

So I guess it’s totally understandable.

5 Likes

It was explained in a wingnut site why is in McMaster’s (as an active Army General) best interest to go back to the Army and soon. He has been a three-star general for some time now, he needs to either get promoted or retire in order to free up the three-star slot for someone else. So his choices are:

a) Go and take some prestigious four-star general post like USCENTCOM or SACEUR
b) Retire from the Army and stay in the WH smelling Trump’s ass.

Easy choice isn’t?

6 Likes

Pressed on whether he’s leaving soon, McMaster replied, “I’m doing my job.”

“And packing a few boxes.”

5 Likes

Michael Bolton is one of my least favorite male vocalists :wink:

4 Likes

…everybody will leave the White House eventually.

The lucky ones sooner.

4 Likes

McMaster is going to get a pity star as his butt is rolled out the White Hole stairwell. They are trying to make him a 4-star general to neutralize the humiliation.

1 Like

You’re such an optimist.

1 Like

Maybe that’s what John Bolton is really so angry about all the time.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available