Discussion: McConnell Doesn't Want A Select Panel Investigating Russian Hacking

Of course he doesn’t want a select panel. That might mean that there were some competent senators–people like Sheldon Whitehouse–who would ask real questions instead of just making speeches. Why, there might be some real investigating done! Can’t have that.

22 Likes

The Russians accomplished exactly what we asked them to .
What’s to investigate?
We’re all comrades now

16 Likes

There is a clear case for Trump’s impeachment using the emoluments clause (see link below). As long as Mitch has that, he’ll get whatever he wants from Donald. Mitch doesn’t want anything to mess up his plan by getting rid of Donald too soon.

Excerpt:
But even if that never happens, Trump’s potential impeachability will make for a very strange dynamic. “When this guillotine might fall is a matter of political more than legal calculation, and is thus beyond the scope of our analysis,” write the authors. “Likewise, just how the ongoing prospect of such an ignominious end to a Trump presidency would embolden his political adversaries at home and abroad, and undermine his legitimacy in the eyes of the American public and global community, is impossible to predict.” If their legal analysis is correct, we appear headed toward an unpresidented situation.

7 Likes

Not to mention, any investigation would jeopardize the “hostage” situation the Russians have in the form of RNC e-mails.

No investigation, the hacked e-mails will remain undisclosed.

12 Likes

That’s because McConnell is a complete sack of shit who would commit treason and roast a baby if he believed it would gain a single additional Republican vote. He’s an amoral coward of the absolute highest order and doesn’t give one iota about our democracy or this country. Party before everything.

17 Likes

Meh. When the axe falls is not up to McConnell: impeachments begin in the House. Trump has more to gain by playing ball with Paul Ryan (the “fine wine” guy) than with McConnell, and vice versa.

3 Likes

Where’s Senator Joe McCarthy when you need him?

9 Likes

Of course we can be confident that a committee headed by republicans will be truthful and transparent in whatever they find. (I laughed so hard typing this I think I wet myself).

5 Likes

Videos of the world fearing TrUmps strength and the most powerful,leader of the most powerful government in the world. Yay respect!

1 Like

New talking point: McConnell knew what was happening and was “in” on it and so was Trump, and he’s now protecting them both.

No mercy, no quarter. Fuck 'em.

12 Likes

Unless they can get more Republicans to demand a select panel, the issue is dead. McConnell really doesn’t want this.

6 Likes

Shorter Turtle: I rather investigate Benghazi.

4 Likes

Trump bought him off by hiring his wife.

7 Likes

He’s always been that way. I just wish Karma would take freaking notice of this monster and finally do something about it! We’ve tried everything else.

5 Likes

Of course he doesn’t because then they might find something, thus eroding the already shaky ground the Reps have found themselves on.

2 Likes

It sounds like Yertle the Turtle knows more than he lets on about Don the Con’s ties to Russian meddling in our election. Yertle will fight any legitimate inquiry because, to him, party “trumps” party and treason is okay if it helps the GOP.

5 Likes

They not only have enough to impeach him on, they have enough to prosecute and lock him up for years. They have him by the balls, he will have to play things their way, or else. I think the term for all parties concerned, except Putin, is a Mexican standoff.

6 Likes

Why does this article fail to mention McConnel’s role in suppressing this story before the ellection or that his wife has been nominated to a Cabinet position within the Administration that is accused of beneffiting from these hacks? That seems to be pertinent information.

14 Likes

Gowdy…calling Trey Gowdy???

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available