Discussion: Mark Cuban Will Be Front Row At First Presidential Debate Thanks To Clinton

Could they possibly seat Marla Maples on one side of Mr. Cuban and Ivana Trump on the other side??

This isnā€™t just any billionaire. Itā€™s probably the one guy who can sit there and smile and make Trump squirm.

Clinton has been bombarded with so much of that kind of crap for so many years, sheā€™s learned to soldier on whether itā€™s hurting her privately or not. Trump has shown that he canā€™t take the mildest rebuke or criticism without having a meltdown ā€“ maybe not during the debate, but certainly as soon as he can get to Twitter afterward.

1 Like

Holy crap. You actually posted an opinion, based on personal experience, that carlos canā€™t counter.

I still think that war was a huge mistake, and it was wrong because it was started because of trumped up reasons. The death toll was massive, and it destroyed Iraqā€™s infrastructure.

But Iā€™ve never, ever agreed that Hillary should be singled out for this, running for prez or not. carlos seems to harbor a personal grudge against her. Itā€™s almost not a normal kind of criticism.

Oh well. Onward and upward.

2 Likes

I know how I would have voted. The putative reason, the casus belli for the war, that Saddam Hussein possessed WMDs that constituted a clear and present danger to the United States, was doubted at the time - a majority of Democrats in Congress voted against authorization - and was proven to be untrue, a mixture of lies and ignorance. And your idea that it is ā€œplaying politicsā€ to allow human rights violations to happen without going to war each time is offensive. Do you really want the US to be the policeman of the world, militarily intervening each time thereā€™s a human rights violation? So, we should be fighting the Saudis in Yemen; we should be fighting in Ethiopia, Burma, Pakistan, China, Russia, Kenya, Israel, Egypt? We did intervene in Libya - howā€™d that go again?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Cuban live tweeting would be great - and to have people sprinkled throughout the audience following his feed so that it is really obvious to HO that he is being roasted.

Iā€™m too chicken to watch the debates. Just tell me how much to contribute later.

1 Like

Is that you, Andrea?

2 Likes

Are we striving to be a moral nation?

Is it easier to make your argument with hind site?

Do I base my beliefs on what society and my peers want to see me type on a message board?

Do I believe that everything the public is told is decfacto truth?

Do I hold the post hoc fallacious belief that because of certain actions taken those that are not acted on are the better options?

If you read, and understood my previous post:

Any totalitarian regime that infringes on the rights to life and liberty of a people should be acted against immediately.

Thank god the French agreed with me during the American Revolution: however, given the choice to vote on that decision once again, would they still say yay?

Leaders lead in the moment with the information they are provided. Followers straddle the fence and complain when things go astray.

What a bunch of pontificating claptrap. The leaders in the this case were the pols who had the gumption vote against what they rightly perceived at the time to be less than convincing evidence to support the casus belli. That casus belli WAS NOT presented as the necessity of regime change; it was presented as the clear and present danger posed by the (non-existent!) weapons of mass destruction. The followers were the sheep who blinding accepted the cooked-up ā€œintelligenceā€ that was presented to them.

Is that you, Donald Rumsfeld?

1 Like

if you believe something show me some passion. Iā€™m not interested in what someone told you to believe.

Ha! He doesnā€™t need to ā€“ Trump knows the truth even if he thinks heā€™s fooled everyone else.

Sorry, didnā€™t see youā€™re comment before I said the exact same thing. Looks like weā€™re on the right track!

Which defines the Trump campaign. A lot of folks have complained a lot about how ā€œTrump is untouchable!ā€ and ā€œTrump is impervious to traditional attack!ā€. - well fine, so letā€™s see how he responds to a little unconventional warfare thrown back at him. Iā€™m personally betting/hoping he does melt downā€¦

1 Like

Not to be outdone, Trumpā€™s honored guest will be Bobby Knight.

Yes, Iā€™m merely repeating others talking points, while you are a sui generis, outside-the-box original thinker, thinking your way to novel thoughts like ā€œthe US should invade every single country where thereā€™s human rights violations, no matter what the cost in human lives, because tyranny!ā€

Am I talking to a human, or one of those text generating machines?

1 Like

Never thought of that. He should have his phone out and act like he is tweeting every time the donald speaks.

2 Likes

Iā€™d appreciate if youā€™d follow up with our discussion and answer some of my points as opposed to tantrums. However, looking through posts I see I failed to spot your MO.

Iā€™ll agree with you so we can move on: the best policy is the ā€œcrystal ball policy.ā€ In which we ask the spirit of Miss Cleo how things will unfold before we make decisions.

Colbert. Or Seth Myers.

Maybe Cuban can sit between Colon Kaepernick and Ibtihaj Muhammadn

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available