Discussion: LePage: 'Shame On Me' For Being Blind To Taxpayer-Funded Trump Hotel Rate

1 Like

Of all the things you should be ashamed of, this is low on the list.

32 Likes

OMFG! I thought I was semi-joking when I claimed LePage and crew stayed in the Slummers Section of tRump International. Fooled me.

20 Likes

“…if you have an ‘R’ next your name, you’re in trouble.”

Unprodded, LePage wants to go off an a tangent about what the Gods have in store for Rs.
23 Likes

‘LePage: Shit on Me, Taxpayers’.

FIFY

1 Like

Trump is not going to be happy about this comment.
“I think it’s rated a four-star, not a five-star”

21 Likes

If you have an R next to your name and behave like an irresponsible hack subverting the will of the electorate some backlash can be expected…when you act like an unctuous dick, you can be sure of it…

22 Likes

The R next to your name is synonymous with “You’re a pig at the public trough!”

26 Likes

Shorter LePage: I am an entitled fat ass.You cant do shit about it.

12 Likes

I once stayed at the “cheap” mezzanine rooms at the Hotel Bristol in Vienna. It was like a friggin’ palace! I can’t imagine what the pricey rooms looked like.

8 Likes

Still a lying sack of crap; good to know. What position will he be appointed to in the Trump “Administration”?

8 Likes

“The reports came out after he left office” because he broke the law and refused to release them when he was in office.

He was required to release the records and stonewalled until he was out of office.

28 Likes

Shame on you is right, buddy. I’m willing to bet you could find some very acceptable places to stay for under $200, but you weren’t paying, were you?

5 Likes

Let’s have a moment of silence for the victimization of these pitiful, authoritarian, sons and daughters of bitches… That’s long enough.

8 Likes

Good Lord, did this guy even graduate High School? He such a total boob. Also, a big fat liar. If he didn’t know, it was his responsibility to know before any money was authorized. Ignorance is also no excuse.

10 Likes

They gave us special promotional rates. We didn’t know that meant promoting the Trump brand at significantly above market rate. LePage said that he is “far more generous” with his own money and will promptly reimburse the state for his Trump induced profligacy despite the fact that it was not his fault because a scheduler was responsible for booking the hotel rooms. The check is in the mail.

10 Likes

Most of the rooms they stayed in were around $350/night, which is actually fairly cheap for a central DC hotel. So you’re not far off.

Still, fuck this motherfucker. The woman he appointed to help him block Medicaid expansion - who’s now doing the same for Trump - was on these trips and smug about having us pay for one meal that cost as much as a month’s worth of food stamps that she’s trying to take away from as many people as possible.

22 Likes

In other white boy dinosaur news…

Dairy magnate Jim Oberweis launching GOP challenge to first-term Democratic U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood

1 Like

And do you think he never asked a staff member how much are these rooms per night?

3 Likes

“If we paid $1,100 for a hotel room in one night, shame on me because I wasn’t aware of it and shame on me because I should’ve been on top of that,” LePage said.

The prospect of him being on top of anything or anyone is frightening.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available