Discussion: Lawyer Arguing Against Obamacare: Statute Written By White Women And Minorities

This guy is what I term a knuckle dragger. He’s not aware that the essential ideas of Obamacare came from …wait for it… ahem… (cough) REPUBLICANS in the form of the Heritage Foundation and Romneycare. So it was formulated by rich old white men, using this guys fractured logic.

12 Likes

Looks like a mutated Fred Thompson … sounds like a guy hoping that a FOX News talent scout is listening!

7 Likes

He might have gotten more than his share of our Neanderthal genes…wait, that’s just not fair to Neanderthals.

6 Likes

He saying anyone other that white aged men cannot write let alone think. I am now embarrassed to be over 65 and Caucasian. Tar and feathers are too good for this cretin.

14 Likes

Carvin actually cited Atticus Finch of “To Kill A Mocking Bird” as an
inspiration for his fight to overturn the law, according to the Journal
profile. Finch was the lawyer who defended a black man who was charged
with raping a white woman.

Because depriving millions of people of health insurance, in support of a reactionary political agenda, is exactly the thing that Atticus Finch, after having defended an innocent black man, would have done next.

32 Likes

Really? White women and minorities run the Heritage Foundation? Who knew?
Btw, maybe that forehead is just a giant brain tumor.

16 Likes

To you. To me.
To the de®anged?
Darkly logical.

jw1

6 Likes

Oddly the original party of Lincoln was the progressive party at that time. The democrats then were the conservatives.

1 Like

“Carvin actually cited Atticus Finch of ‘To Kill A Mocking Bird’ as an inspiration for his fight to overturn the law, according to the Journal profile. Finch was the lawyer who defended a black man who was charged with raping a white woman.”

So in his mind, this was white women and minorities raping rich white men? Sounds like an accurate way to describe his and the GOP/Teatrolls’ mentalities and beliefs.

8 Likes

To Serve Man:

22 Likes

Oh, come on Michael Carvin, cut the crap - your real issue is that it is named after that Black guy

3 Likes

“There’s plenty of cases where [Supreme Court justices] take important issues even if there’s no circuit split — like the gay marriage cases, they might take those…If you’ve gone through that process and you don’t really care what [the Obama-appointed judges] think — because I’m not going to lose any Republican-appointed judges’ votes on the en banc — then I think the calculus would be, well let’s take it now and get it resolved.”

TL:DR version: “The GOPers on the SCOTUS are going to decide this based solely on politics.”

14 Likes

I’d sell my soul for a Democratic senator to get up on the floor of the Senate and read Carvin’s words verbatim, and then for another Democratic representative to read Carvin’s words verbatim on the floor of the House, and then for every fucking Democrat in Congress to assemble on the steps of the Capitol building while President Obama reads Carvin’s words verbatim. Film it all, turn it into an ad, and run it on every fucking TV station in the goddamn country.

29 Likes

Actually, correction…perhaps a more accurate way to look at it is he thinks that taking down the ACA is a way of defending the “wrongfully accused” rich white plutocrat men of having raped 40M women, children and minorities out of access to insurance and, by extension, access to even basic health care/medical treatment.

And, of course, that just highlights why even a conservative with a forehead that gigantic always manages to ANALOGY FAIL. Tom Robinson was actually innocent. You do the math.

4 Likes

Atticus Finch seems to serve the same role for lawyers that patriotism does for scoundrels outside the profession.

6 Likes

3 Likes

By this logic, Thomas only gets 3/5ths of a vote, and the 3 women on the SCOTUS don’t get any vote at all. You’re right. Scalia probably does love it.

9 Likes

“Carvin actually cited Atticus Finch of “To Kill A Mocking Bird” as an
inspiration for his fight to overturn the law, according to the Journal
profile. Finch was the lawyer who defended a black man who was charged
with raping a white woman.”

Isn’t it odd that as his defense this lawyer would use “To Kill a Mocking Bird”? He complains that Obamacare was written by minorities and women yet as his defense he cites a book written by a woman.

7 Likes

Although also oddly, being the liberal party then meant being very frankly pro-big business and being the conservative party meant being the anti-corporatist party.

2 Likes

The nominations for the 2015 Golden Duke Awards are piling up fast this year.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available