Discussion: Lara Trump Confirms Rep.'s Account Of POTUS' Call, But Says It Lacked Context

Setting aside that you’re unnecessarily being a dick_head, thanks for posting that. The beginning part where she goes on about praising other congressmen and how she got the bill signed is, I presume, what Kelly was referring to. Perhaps also the ridiculous hat. Having said that, I agree was a perfectly respectable speech that doesn’t deserve to be called out.

What is truly stunning is the advice Kelly gave to Trump, Kelly seemed to think the words spoken from one old general to another old general (in Dunford’s conversation with Kelly informing Kelly of his son’s death) would be appropriate to use in a conversation with the 23 year old widow. If Kelly actually thought women were “sacred” he would have solicited advice from a WOMAN on what kind of words to use in this call. This proves Kelly arrogant and thoroughly naïve to the world that exists outside his little bubble of military life. He’s as unfit as Trump for leadership of a nation!

8 Likes

Yeah, the FBI building shit that Kelly spewed about Rep. Wilson was just plain stupid. Didn’t he even think there might be video of a dedication of an FBI facility attended by not only Wilson but also Rubio and Boehner? Even I, fool that I am, knows that there is probably video of everything. Kelly fucked up royally, and that video is just starting to penetrate the Internet, and he really looks like the POS he is, since he is not only Trump’s “handler”, he is also Trump’s “conspirator”.

6 Likes

Or Trump claiming that he had seen video of thousands of Arab Americans in Jersey City cheering when the WTC Towers came down on 9-11. Or Trump claiming he could see the WTC coming down from Trump Tower. Or Trump claiming that he had investigators in Hawaii who were finding out incredible things about the circumstances of Barack Obama’s birth and implying he was not a legitimate US citizen or president. Or Trump claiming that Barack Obama’s application to Harvard Law School had claimed he was Kenyan, and that’s why he was admitted over the children of all of Asshole Trump’s rich friends. Or Trump claiming that Melania entered the USA and worked as model totally legally, and he would present us with all the details very shortly…

6 Likes

I saw a thread on Twitter last night by someone who is intimately acquainted with the area that explained what really took place in Niger. Unfortunately, I can’t find it now.

Needless to say, if half of what he says is true it’s going to make Benghazi look like a church picnic gone tragically awry.

One of the things he mentioned was that Sgt. Johnson was left behind because the other Green Berets, including the bodies of the three other soldiers, were picked-up by helicopters operated by “contractors” (read: Eric Prince’s Academi, formerly Blackwater USA) who failed to do a head count.

Moreover, he was abandoned despite the fact that he had activated his personal geolocator, meaning he was still alive when they abandoned him; his body was retrieved two days later.

16 Likes

How would Lara know? Doubt she was listening in. They just wanted a female spokesperson.

1 Like

The sadness and waste of four young lives by an inept administration is being overlooked and that is what moron wants.

11 Likes

See…THIS is the problem. It doesn’t MATTER if it ‘lacked context’. It wasn’t about DONALD…it was about comforting the wife of a fallen soldier. It wasn’t perceived by them as ‘comforting’. THEN he morphed it.

6 Likes

This. We’ve been fed nonsense that Kelly is this moderating force – a distinguished, disciplined, patriotic, selfless general who is there to save the country from trump’s excesses. But he made abundantly clear yesterday that he is there because he shares trump/s world view. He is also a racist sexist old white guy who must have spent his years under Obama stewing with resentment.

7 Likes

“I was always the best athlete. Something that nobody knew about me. …I was the best baseball player in New York when I was young. … But I also knew that it was very limited, because in those days you couldn’t even make a lot of money playing baseball. … Everybody wanted me to be a baseball player. But I was good in other sports too. I was good in wresting, I was very good at football. I was always the best at sports.”

What he’s saying is he was better than Mantle or Maris of the 1962 New York Yankees.

1 Like

The mere fact that donnie needed to ask Kelly… “what should I say”
which is on record by Kelly himself …

Is telling —

little donnie may have used Kelly’s words … but ANY words coming out of a individual bereft of the least semblance of any feeling whatsoever …

This won’t be the last time … au contraire …
It’s happening on a daily basis every time The Smear opens his trap —

4 Likes

My sympathy on your daughter’s death, ralph. You’re so right. Courage is all around us.

8 Likes

She read the transcript (that was prepared by the White House).

2 Likes

The widow was dealing with far more important thoughts and emotions. With luck she will forget completely what he said.

3 Likes

No doubt the post-call, post-reaction, competence-and-empathy-added transcript.

4 Likes

Given that, and the way the whole thing about who calls and who doesn’t was a huge non sequitur to the question, we may have a situation where Trump was being outrageous as a deliberate distraction. I don’t think it’s always that, but it sure could be this time.

9 Likes

“Houston, er, United States, we have a problem.”

2 Likes

5 Likes

And she is the last person on the planet who believes Donald talks the truth?

She has no direct knowledge. Her statement is hearsay.

2 Likes

The situation has to be dire with the DOTARD to bring back Eric and Lara. Notice that Ivanka, Jared and Don Jr. are nowhere to be seen. Mueller has them so spooked that they couldn’t answer the emergency call to soothe the Toddler-in-Chief therefore Eric and Lara had to fill in. I almost feel bad for them, but then again, they signed up for this and knew what they were getting into.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available