Discussion: Kushner To Lead New WH Office To Overhaul Federal Government

This office should be designated the WH Office of Nepotism and Consolidation of Trump Family Affairs.

5 Likes

I love how they think they have full control to shift large amounts of money and change what the departments do. With out congress passing a tons of laws and budgets to do that they are going to find out they wont be able to do nearly as much as they want.

3 Likes

When will the USA enter Chapter. 11 - or maybe rather ‘Go Argentina’ ?

Why he’s the unelected unconfirmed head of Government Overhaul Tzar!

2 Likes

Last year we faced a choice between two competing visions and sets of values. One called for us to build the economy from the ground up, to work within and strengthen a community of nations, and to coexist and resolve problems peacefully without a desire to dominate another people.

The other called for us to look to other nations with suspicion, to enact policies that only provide additional benefits and privileges to the richest and most powerful among us, and act as the ‘muscle’ behind a new global colonialism driven by moneyed interests and unaccountable dealmakers loyal to no country’s flag.

Sadly we picked the wrong alternative.

1 Like

Actually, according to Dick the Butcher, the first step is to kill all the lawyers. Of course, since most MoC’s are lawyers, disbanding Congress would pretty much follow on from that as a natural consequence.

2 Likes

Having worked within and alongside government agencies for several years, I can tell you there’s a whole lot of talk about the “customer” in relation to performance and outcomes. There will be many hungry middle managers and comfortable upper managers who will happily glad-hand this sort of talk. The workers will just roll their eyes and get on with it, as always. Thus it has been, thus it is, thus it shall ever be.

1 Like

So a 30 something asswipe who has never worked in government before is going to lead the effort to wreck the federal government?

Everyday this shit gets worse and worse.

3 Likes

So does this mean that now the Federal government willl be bringing in more H1Bs.

2 Likes

Sometime in the future:

“Nobody knew running a government would be so complicated!” -Jared Kushner

4 Likes

As a Giants fan I’d like to request a waiver for Tony La Russa? Got a form, or preferably a PDF to download?–I’m pretty sure I’ll think of more.

Proceed Jared!!!

American people are NOT THEIR CUSTOMERS. …

NOT NO BUT HE’LL NO to this absurd arrogant drumpfie BS…

I WOULD SAY CALL THE WH …BUT THEY ARE NO LONGER TAKING CALLS…

With the dumpsters track record this is the first step to BANKRUPTING THE NATION.

2 Likes

Even the clueless morons are beginning to see the light:

6 Likes

Let’s be clear. Government should NOT be run like any company, great or not. This is the great myth that some people have been trying to sell us for years.

Companies are out to make money and return profits either to the owners, the shareholders or both.

While government may learn certain methods or skills on how to save money, it is proven that when many government functions that our critical to our well being or protection of public health, needing to make a bottom line goal, a profit or a return to shareholders becomes more important than the mission.

Look at drinking water. Every attempt to privatize drinking water production and distribution fails because in the process of guaranteeing a profit, costs may go down , but rates go up and in many cases public health is compromised. Look at Flint. It was an attempt to save money while violating known water treatment processes, basic water chemistry 101, that caused the problem. Just to save money.

The problem with fixing health care is trying to maintain a profit margin for too many to benefit in the delivery chain. From big Pharma to hospitals, to doctors, to insurance companies, etc., in our system, everyone is entitled to a profit, a piece of the action, something for their effort. There is nothing wrong with making a profit, but not in those services that we need to make it from day one to our death, or to live our days without a sense of dread of what comes next.

Do we want our army to be a profit making operation? Blackstone tried that and there are mercenaries all of over the world who are more than willing to profit for a body count. We tried this and it is one of the reasons we are still at war.

And what about private prisons? The corruption is wide and deep.

We don’t need business to tell us how to run the government. We need those we elect to know that they are sent to work to govern in the best interests of the people and not in the interests of those who they allow to feed them legislation to boost their businesses in return for ‘donations’ (bribes) to maintain their seats in Congress.

Go back to NYC you bunch of small times street thugs who are so hooked to the Russian mob that you have drawn us into your web of corruption deeper than we know.

14 Likes

Those of us who One Side allowed to make a choice.

Actually Hoover was pretty good on policy. He was just very unlucky and bullheaded.

The US Government is not a for profit business… if run ethically that is. ut we have people with zero honesty and who are completely profit driven in the Executive Branch. We in AZ have seen the results of businessmen elected to be governors trying to run a state like a corporation … it does not work. In my time in AZ I have seen two governors try this. One ended up in prison. The other removed from office because he embezzled his inaugural funds for use at his car dealership.
First thing out of the chute trump got Congress to eliminate the federal Office of Ethics. That should tell us all something.

8 Likes

Our hope is that we can achieve successes and efficiencies for our customers, who are the citizens.

This is an idea that that is very widespread in American society, if by the time Trumps leave it has been dispelled then we the suffering under this crooks would have been worth it.

The government is not a business, the president does not “own” the government, the citizens are not only “customers”, they are also share-holders, and can be also employees, providers, victims, and more.

That said, I had and old aunt that was convinced that madness was contagious (she had a daughter married to a nutter, and after some time she believe all his conspiracy theories) . I bring this up because Kushner seems to be deluding himself into thinking that he super smart, and super popular, just like his father in law… Lets hope he gets to sit in his old man’s cell for a few years to meditate about his shortcomings.

3 Likes

Favored son-in-law who looks after the Lust Object
He has zero experience in government, some at dealing skyscrapers to Russians, more at keeping Lust Object in cash and baubles.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available