Discussion: Kushner To Lead New WH Office To Overhaul Federal Government

Agree. If short-term profits were the goal of the federal government, they never would have created the Tennessee Valley Authority, Medicare, or the Peace Corps. Or built the Hoover Dam.

5 Likes

I guess thereā€™s no sense in telling Him that many agencies started using ā€œlean organizationā€ and ā€œSix Sigmaā€ tools back in the Clinton Administration :wtf?:

1 Like

Government isnā€™t a business, period. It should never be run like one. A government run like a business would never fight a war, never take care of its elderly and never invest in bridges and roads.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a sign that the ratings of this reality show are in the tank. The Dow Jones Industrials Index was down .5% this morning.

1 Like

I donā€™t know. I had the impression that Andrew Mellon was about as useful at Treasury as Bannon currently is at whatever heā€™s supposed to be. I have definitely read that Mellon believed that the solution to economic difficulties was to let a bunch of concernsā€“banks, etcā€“collapse, just the sort of thinking that Hank Paulson avoided in engineering the bailouts. Maybe Iā€™ve seen a one-sided presentation of it.

Headline at CNN ā€¦WH looking for ā€œsmaller tax reform packageā€.
ā€¦
See, the AHCA had a Yuuuge money/tax give away to rich folk. And the tax reform package was *dependent on getting the AHCA passed. Now they gotta rewrite it. There will still be an enormous transfer of wealth to the already rich.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s hope, although one wonders who the Democrats can get to play Hal.
Act 2, Scene 4.

CORRUPT FAT OLD MAN

but for sweet Jack
Falstaff, kind Jack Falstaff, true Jack Falstaff,
valiant Jack Falstaff, and therefore more valiant,
being, as he is, old Jack Falstaff, banish not him
thy Harry's company, banish not him thy Harry's
company: banish plump Jack, and banish all the world.

AVATAR OF A GLORIOUS NATIONAL FUTURE (albeit monarchical)

I do, I will.
1 Like

Not to mention the pursuit of happiness ā€“ whereā€™s the money to be made in that?

1 Like

Jared Kushner is a Russia loving, Putin kowtowing traitor. The only house he belongs in is the big house.

1 Like

These would be the same group suffering from Deaths of Despair.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-white-working-class-deaths-of-despair-20170324-story.html

1 Like

Not sure I understand your comment.

Iā€™m thinking heā€™s thinking heā€™s running out of time and wants to get whatever $ there is to get. This just feels like desperation. I take consolation in knowing that this entire crewā€™s incompetence at anything governmental will continue to sink them.

Well, Mellon was Hooverā€™s Treasury Secretary and heavily influenced the economic policy, as Hoover himself said. And that if things had been done differently the depression might not have been as severe. Easy to say in hindsight, tho.

OOOOoooo NO you donā€™t.

The ā€˜TRUMPā€™ family are in a bit of a hurry Iā€™d say.

I smell NEPOTISM, Trumpā€™s daughter is int he West Wing and Her husband want to reorganize our Government to run as one of TRUMPā€™S failed businesses.

NOT ON OUR WATCH STUPID. Not NOW not EVER.

Another name of TREASON. I think itā€™s time the other two branches of our government start to remove the TRUMP family from the White house. Clearly theyā€™re trying to overthrow our Government.

TREASON BY NEPOTISM

NEPOTISM IS ALL RELATIVE.

2 Likes

Kushner I think is actually his backup choice since Donald doesnā€™t have a horse to appoint.

2 Likes

I read a similar (same) article in the Washington Post. It is an important article for Democrats who think America is doing just fine to read. Prosperity is pretty spotty out in the countryside. It is looking pretty bleak in large swaths of America. A lot of well off Democrats just donā€™t get it.

Great. Nothing like bringing in a grizzled veteran with decade of experience to show us how the business world works and how we can translate that to efficient government.

2 Likes

Likely so. However, to get it done with 51 Senate votes theyā€™re looking to the tariff(Border tax) to keep from blowing out the deficitā€“OK with Trump, but the TPers are looking at primary opposition if they go for it. The lobbyist pressure against the tariff is perhaps insurmountable with Walmart against and even the Kochs probably having the back of reps who vote no. Whatā€™s more, even if they plan it, if they get beat in the midterms it can be reversed. Things arenā€™t going that bad.

None. Heā€™s still paying off his acquisition of Ivanka.

2 Likes

Clinton and Gore reinvented government by decentralizing it and empowering local managers. Ever since Washington has been working hard to re-centralize. The bureaucrats under both Bush and Obama have been very successful at building inefficient one size fits all agencies. The government is in real need of reinvention again, but I am afraid Clinton/Gore are a once in a lifetime act.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available