Discussion: Key Republican Moderate Holds Out On Obamacare Replacement Bill

Iā€™d sure like to have more of this kind of GOP in Congress.

13 Likes

A this point for Trump, healthcare for Americans is only about him ā€˜winningā€™.

9 Likes

You know I would much rather believe that the Freedom Caucus, Trump and the alt-rt are the mutants.

:wink:

4 Likes

But maybe with proper selection of breeding partnersā€¦

11 Likes

Fred has always been a moderate. His district (David Stockmanā€™s old district) has a significant Tea Partyfundy component, and he has had some primary challengers that have pushed him to the right.

and at this point the only thing that will slightly satisfy the sadistic bastard is to see countless numbers below the poverty line crying their eyes out & watching their loved one suffer

1 Like

Just so you know, I flagged your ugly private message to me and that comment.

5 Likes

@hypothesis

4 Likes

Beej is back. Probably just out of rehab

heh. heh. heh. Made it for 5 whole minutes

hypothesis

ļž This user is suspended until May 28, 2017 5:12pm.
Reason: trolling

11 Likes

Agree.

That map Trump likes to show around with states in "red"are going to represent something very much different than the states he won if this bill passes.

The last time I saw a ā€œmoderate Republican,ā€ they were in a display window at Lord & Taylor, tastefully arranged amongst chintz slipcovered furniture and an array of crystal bar glasses.

9 Likes

Donā€™t Mr. Manchin and the deposed Blanche Lincoln qualify as ā€˜moderateā€™ repugnicans?

ā€œCould be a political genetic mutancy that is unlikely to occur on a regular basis.ā€

A useful metaphor is one of Darwinā€™s non-competitive finchesā€”The oneā€™s whose beak structure did not adapt.

1 Like

And wearing the latest Ivanka Trump fashions.

He used to be mainstream GOP. Remember when the EPA was created ā€“ under Nixon? And a bipartisan congress investigated Watergate and kicked Nixon out? And when Barry Goldwater was too right-wing for them? These days Goldwater would be too moderate for most of their Tea Party districts.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I remember all of that extremely well. And youā€™re right about Goldwater.

I remember how the GOP went after Nixon when push came to shove. I remember when the GOP really was about America. I didnā€™t agree with their view of the country then either but I recognized it as the same country. That is no longer true by a whole lot.

8 Likes

Ralph Lauren, yes. Ivanka? Never. They still donā€™t forgive her father for tearing down Bonwit-Teller to build the Gauche Tower.

3 Likes

:smile:

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available