Discussion: Karen Handel: 'I Do Not Support A Livable Wage' (VIDEO)

Eat shit and die, poors!

21 Likes

They’d rather see people with a cause fail- they’ll never have one rooted in reality.

There are people that are incredibly selfish and don’t care what happens to anyone else as long as they can save money.

19 Likes

Oh, but the comms people will be scuttling about tomorrow.

(Then again, this district is comprised of the rich suburbs of Atlanta, so maybe not.)

6 Likes

Property rights over human rights. Profits over people. Those are the Republican core values.

5 Likes

The response referred to here was weak. I’m hoping he laid out a better case than what was first reported.

Her answer was horrible. I think now more was added to the initial report?

3 Likes

I suspect that this statement didn’t come out the way it was intended. Tomorrow, there will be backpedaling much.

11 Likes

What does your comment have to do with what she said?

Tribalism? Huh?

2 Likes

Close to it

3 Likes

That’s not what you implied.

Who are all these new posters, btw?

1 Like

and the phrase is “living wage,” not “livable wage.”

4 Likes

Handel said that raising the minimum wage could “dramatically” hurt small businesses.

Same old sorry excuse. Not true.

10 Likes

If I were in Ossoff“s position, I would be gob smacked devoid of speech as this is something that I might accuse her of. This is an own goal. Her flub, in my opinion, will be the news, not his lack of an appropriately witty rejoinder

8 Likes

Hope so. Her answer was horrifying, but he needed to be ready for it. These people are putting all the chips on the table!!

3 Likes

He didn’t have to reply. He just got a sound bite that’s probably already airing in TV ads. It’s gold.

5 Likes

27 Likes

Ossoff’s campaign highlighted Handel’s remark about not supporting a “livable wage,” which quickly went viral, on Twitter after the debate:

17 Likes

“I support slavery. I support indentured servitude.”

It is a Georgia election…

16 Likes

Going to have to reach far more people than Twitter does. But it’s definitely a gift.

3 Likes

A farmers pond and the Pacific Ocean are both bodies of water. They have things in common, they are not the same.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available