Discussion: Kansas GOP Senator: 'I Just Don’t Know' If We'll Have Votes To Pass ACA Repeal

Ah, the shrill, parsimonious meanness of the insane GOP personified and boiled down to a dark, unaccomplished Kansan resin…

6 Likes

“It is still a lot of work to be done to determine whether or not it gets to 51 votes,” Moran said. “My gut tells me this is very difficult.
“I guess there are some people who just don’t quickly see the all the benefits of giving massive tax cuts to a few obscenely rich people by taking health care away from millions. I don’t know - maybe they’re concerned about tens of thousands of early, painful deaths and some ruined families. They need to get over it already.”

5 Likes

Get A Brain, Moran.

This is all show for the cameras. It’s getting rammed through, 51-50.

13 Likes

Moran and Collins join the Wringing Hands and Clutching Pearls caucus in this latest production by GOP: The Art of Kabuki.

8 Likes

If it passes a hard rain’s gonna fall on them.

That’s EPIC.

7 Likes

It will take a little longer, but once we get all that "compassion " shit behind us and have our campaign coffers filled by the usual suspects, it will be an easy decision.
This it about my reelection
Nothing else

3 Likes

I wish .
They’re all multi millionares
They retire with the gov’t pension and health care
Wingnut welfare waiting in a crunch
Fuck the poors
No downside for us

1 Like

Very possible. But I’m not convinced this is all show.

1 Like

They don’t. It’s dead, RIP.

2 Likes

I agree with you, for the simple reason that McConnell’s method of passing a bill of this importance doesn’t have a precedent.

3 Likes

McConnell’s blocking of a Supreme Court nominee did not have a precedent either. The GOP moderates* have a long history of voicing concern in an attempt to look sane and reasonable before voting as instructed. I keep flipping between this being just another case of crass showmanship and the plan actually being at risk of passing. I wonder if McConnell, who is a master of political process, would bring this to the floor even if he knew it wouldn’t pass as an FU to Ryan and the House for putting this on his doorstep in the first place.

* Used in the comparative sense

2 Likes

C’mon Senator,… this huge giveaway to the rich cannot be left on the table. Besides screwing public services is the Kansas way of doing things, and people love it, they even re-elected Brownback after he barebacked public education.

By the way rural hospitals like the Western Plains Medical Complex in Dodge City are a huge drain of tax dollars, lets make so more cuts to Medicaid so that it finally goes bust for good.

3 Likes

“My gut tells me this is very difficult.

I hope that’s politics and not some pre-existing condition that will bankrupt you and your family because the insurance company doesn’t feel like paying for it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if McConnell did take it to a vote in spite of not having the votes just to finally kill the thing. There are other ways to do tax reform and there are other programs for them to gut, even if they’re not as splashy and dramatic as killing the ACA. And Ryan would keep his mouth shut because he knows he’s just a warm body meant to fill the Speaker role and can be replaced in an instant. Still, no one should hope for that and thus they must keep needling the Senate

1 Like

He a YES vote. PERIOD

3 Likes

I’m hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

This bill, if passed, is pure, unadulterated nihilism. Burn the cathedral to kill some mice.

8 Likes

Another day, and yet another Trump GOP rubberstamp pretending to have a conscience. Moran is a liar. He’ll fold like a deck of cards when Yertle the Turtle tells him play time is over and the rich need tax cuts.

4 Likes

This whole mishigas is just play acting. If the Democrats had any guts, all of them would constantly call the TrumpNoCare tax cut bill a death bill. Forget about niceties. Let the public know what is going on.

5 Likes

Yeah, sure. A lot of clouds of doubt put out over a sure thing.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available