Discussion: John Kasich same-sex marriage

Discussion for article #235901

Well, that’s certainly a shift from his tone just a few years ago.

Methinks he’s trying to position himself as the not-crazy extremist in the GOP field. We’ll see how that plays out …

3 Likes

That’s because Rupert Murdoch desperately wants an American President who is very definitely and literally in his pocket.

Kasich’s thinking about throwing his hat in the ring?

Wish I’d invested in presidential wannabe 'hats and rings."

2 Likes

This relatively recent shift in focus to, “Would you attend a same-sex wedding?” is really bizarre, but also useful, I think, in shining another light on the ridiculousness and two-faced-ness of GOP pols trying to sit on the fence.

They all say, “I have gay friends…” right after they finish saying that same-sex marriage will destroy families and our population will dwindle and God Says and redefining the tradition and like such as.

OK, you have gay friends - would you go to their wedding, to celebrate this union which will destroy families, eliminate population growth, violate centuries - nay, millenia! - of tradition, and DEFY THE VERY GOD YOU CLAIM TO WORSHIP?

"Sure. Is there an open bar?"

The corner they’re painting themselves into is getting smaller and smaller…

5 Likes

Said it before, I’ll say it again:

THIS ONE is the one to fear. Although I haven’t seen any polling on it, I believe Kasich could beat HRC. Whether he’s as bat sh*t crazy as the rest of the Klown Kar isn’t the point.

The point is that he comes across as being sane, having some sort of leadership qualities, sort of caring without being sappy and yes - someone you’d want to have a beer with. He probably won’t be a favorite with the teabaggers but that’s OK; none of their candidates can win so that’s that. He could vie for the same constituents that HRC is going after who may be on the fence about Clinton.

THIS is the droid the RNC seeks.

4 Likes

Randomly Kasich doesn’t sound insane.

I haz gays friendz!

And from a battleground state. But fortunately I don’t think he could survive the primaries.

Credit where credit is due. Thank you, Gov. Kasich. You and I disagree on the substance but we both agree that this is a nation of laws. If the Supreme Court of the United States concludes these discriminatory laws don’t stand muster with the U.S. Constitution, then that decision must be followed. Yes, I am prepared for a ruling against equality; I’ve been alive and watching our community struggle for equality and equal access for half a century now. We’ve lost some really big ones, but the wind is at our backs at the moment. Fingers crossed. Thank you.

1 Like

Just wanted to add something I thought of later:

Aside from us fearing Kasich, JEB should also be losing some sleep as well. For all of JEB’s name recognition, he just doesn’t appear to be gaining much traction. Now, granted, it’s early days yet so maybe I’m looking at this too early. But, if he can’t pick up steam AND Kasich jumps in, JEB could find himself staring down a formidable “Anyone But Bush” candidate.

I think Artemisia is right about this: Murdoch is scum incarnate but I think even he realizes the rest of the Klown Kar, which includes JEB, just isn’t going anywhere. It’s always nice to hedge your bets.

1 Like

I’ve seen your similar posts. Thank you. I will watch him more closely, as what you say makes some sense.

1 Like

I know someone who just left Ohio…and Kasich left it a collapsing mess…and at this rate that’s what Murdoch and the Kochs want for the US.

1 Like

Given the absurdity of the Republican Party at the present time, any one of them who would say something like

“I believe Barack Obama is an earthling”

would be hailed by the MSM as Winston Churchill.

My wife and I were talking about Klown Kar passengers like Jindal, Carson and Cruz. We both agree that Jeb (who is tailing the Klown Kar like a P.I. of sorts) is also a weak candidate…and, like yourself, we are on the lookout for not only humanoids like Kasich, but future Dark Horses as well.

1 Like

Methinks he is bullshitting like he did after his anti-union initiative failed at the ballot box. He still is trying to screw the unions in little ways. He knows his fellow travelers in Teavangelical land have lost this one, so in advance he will be nice, but will sign a series of RFRA bills, (not a big one that will be noticed) and say how much he loves the 3 or 4 gay sycophants on his staff.

Also keep in mind that Murdoch, Ailes, and Kasich go back a long way, at least to when Kasich was a Fox commentator. Both contributed heavily to both of Kasich’s gubernatorial campaigns, sometimes in ways that were considered less than ethical.

And I think NewsCorp already has its eye on him for a presidential run.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/11/05/fox-news-reportedly-courting-sitting-republican/201460

2 Likes

Yes, but don’t string anything together.

I know why we on the Left don’t think that JEB is a viable candidate; it’s pretty damn obvious. But the GOP base, whose collective IQ is basically that of a bunch of rocks, doesn’t seem to be gravitating towards him despite the fact that he’s really all they’ve got in terms of a viable candidate. I could see Adelson, the Kochs and any other billionaires dump JEB like last week’s tuna casserole if he doesn’t start convincing the rubes that “he’s got this.”

1 Like

He caught hell from Nikki Haley and Jindal for having the temerity to say God told him to sign OH up for Obamacare. NOW THIS!? He is trying to set himself up as a moderate. But the GOTP doesn’t WANT moderates. He doesn’t have a chance because the far RWNJs won’t tolerate it. Beside that, he is NOT a moderate.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available