Discussion: Idaho Rep Says Rape's 'Trauma Of The Incident' Prevents Pregnancy

Discussion for article #246614

sorry to keep being so cynical but is he doing his ‘research’ in order to assure himself that his kid’s pregnancies won’t be attributed to him?

18 Likes

This is the fundamental problem with Democracy. It rewards each individual with a vote, no matter how unintelligent. And then enough dumb people get together and elect idiots like this.

8 Likes

Wow…who dresses this guy? I’m thinking maybe the trauma of his fashion sense prevents any rational thought.

13 Likes

“I accept the fact that my vote is equal to that of an idiot. I have a hard time with the fact that it is only worth half as much as two idiots.” - Paraphrased from unknown source (sometimes attributed to Churchill but clearly isn’t)

11 Likes

“Nielsen said he has “explored this a lot” as a father of five.”

You should call Trump…he apparently wants to “explore” it too as the father of the most tremendous, gorgeous and sexy daughter in the universe…

8 Likes

Don’t know the source of your quote, but Churchill does say something to the same effect: “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.”

Edited to add: A close quote I found…
“Even if we accept, as the basic tenet of true democracy, that one moron is equal to one genius, is it necessary to go a further step and hold that two morons are better than one genius?” Leó Szilárd, in The Voice of the Dolphins: And Other Stories (1961)

Well, some apparently think so, hence gerrymandering…

9 Likes

So this guy has “explored this a lot” by periodically raping his wife, for no doubt purely scientific purposes, to test the hypothesis that the trauma of rape prevents pregnancy? Has he similarly tested the incest branch of this theory on his five children??

6 Likes

And THIS is why women want to make their own choices…just sayin’…

13 Likes

well Porter Waggoner and Bear Bryant are dead…

wait that list doesn’t get shorter.

2 Likes

We will be seeing this particular fantasy brought up quite often this year. Its not accidental, just like it wasn’t in 2012. It’s a campaign to move the window on the discussion, not to actually get people to buy into the actual notion.

Because once you start talking about abortion may or may not be allowable in cases of rape or incest…you have already ignored the fact that abortion is allowed in every single case of pregnancy. And that’s their goal with this strategy…get people discussing rape and incest,and they have won the debate over abortion in general.

16 Likes

It’s not for nothing that his nickname is “the badger”

4 Likes

Don’t be silly. She is his wife, so it is impossible for him to rape her. She must give him sex whenever and however he wants. No matter how she may scream and struggle to get away, it is definitely not rape.

4 Likes

Sometimes it pays to know your enemy.

I’m somewhat at a loss as to why

“Now, I’m of the understanding that in many cases of rape it does not involve any pregnancy because of the trauma of the incident. That may be true with incest a little bit," Nielsen told a representative from a crisis pregnancy center at a hearing for a bill that would require abortion providers to give women a list of free ultrasound providers.

He said pregnancy "doesn’t happen as often as it does with consensual sex, because of the trauma involved.”

Now that ranks up there with ‘I’m not a scientist’, but that’s not the ‘other shoe’.

Nielsen then admitted he wasn’t sure if his information was “totally accurate or not.”

“At least he owns up to the idea that he isn’t a scientist…”

Nielsen said he has “explored this a lot” as a father of five.

Now this is where things get interesting, because aside from his actual first name (Milton), Caitlyn Cruz left out something that might need to get looked into.

He added, “I read a lot of information. I have read it several times. … Being a father of five girls, I’ve explored this a lot.”

So Pete, which daughter do you practice that ‘theory’ on?

4 Likes

well he is a Mormon…

“i feel bad for going there…”

3 Likes

And if another Republican man says anything about rape other than it is a horrific, violent crime, I want to personally cut out his tongue. The college-age daughters of many of my friends voted for Obama because they were completely turned off by Neanderthal comments like the suggestion of “legitimate rape.”

from three years ago…

8 Likes

…and from that we can extrapolate that if a pregnancy occurs then sex must have been consensual…Got it.

11 Likes

Sadly, your statement isn’t even sarcasm, but an actual reflection of what these people think.

They truly live in a different reality from the rest of the world.

13 Likes

Another republican moron speaks.

4 Likes

God help this guy’s five daughters.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available