Discussion: Hundreds March On Ferguson Police Station

Discussion for article #228761

If the pro-cop prosecutor’s strategy is to wait until the snow flies to let Wilson go because he thinks the blacks will be too cold to protest, I think the he is going to be sadly mistaken.

If the prosecutor can’t do the job, he should resign and find somebody with the character needed to enforce the law.

1 Like

The pic used with this article is from a protest in the City of St. Louis which included St. Louis University, which is a couple miles from Ferguson.

Also I have no respect for Cornel West as he appeared in the terrible Matrix sequels.

1 Like

I had no respect for West before and if it’s possible I have even less than that now. Apparently he was there and encouraged protesters not to vote.

This guy has an agenda and I strongly suspect he is being paid for his efforts.

On another note; it is good people are standing up and protesting against the brutality of the police. I don’t know if the cop was justified in firing over 15 times at the dead guy but I do know there is serious distrust of the police and that is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

Word on the street is that he just got arrested at a protest this morning.

I heard about that.
If it was anyone else, I would be impressed at the willingness to civilly disobey and bring more attention to the cause.
With Cornell, I think this is a publicity stunt meant to bring attention to HIM.
Hopefully not too many fell for his dramatics.

2 Likes

I have a friend who still has wrist and arm pain from being arrested 4 weeks ago at one of the protests.

OMG! That is awful!
I’m sorry for your friend’s pain and hope he/she is recovering ok.
Please send my well wishes and humble thanks for them showing up and protesting. It is an incredibly brave thing to do.

I have only recently become aware that I am apparently the only person on Earth who liked the Matrix sequels. But then, I liked John Carter of Mars.

With you on both counts.

1 Like

I like Hudson Hawk so…

Oh brethren, I don’t believe I’d have told that.

+1

Not sure to be awed or disturbed how this has devolved into at discussion about movies

I’m pretty sure it’s an Internet law that any given conversation on the Internet is only one stray comment away from being thread jacked into a discussion about movies. Not sure who it’s named after, though.

Along with 12 others this morning & more than 52 arrests throughout today.
ALL peaceful protestors.
Peaceful snap disturbances in the afternoon and evening close down at least 4 Walmarts in remembrance of John Crawford; attend the Rams game with giant banners BLACK LIVES MATER ON AND OFF THE FIELD; impede the entrance of donors to Senator Claire McCallski’s fundraisor for McCulloch (Pros, Atty, managing the Grand Jury), and County Supervisor Steny; and, enter St. Louis City Hall to speak to the Mayor, conveniently away for “minor surgery”. Black Lives Matter.

Love John Carter of Mars. Not the Matrix sequels, though. Like Heaven’s Gate quite a bit, and love Waterworld.

Police in America are nothing but a mercenary occupying army whose only mission is to protect and sustain the status quo of the elites. Everyone else be damned.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available