Discussion: Hatch Aide: Kavanaugh Said He Was Not At Party With Accuser

“Well, he would say that wouldn’t he?” H/T Mandy Rice Davies.

19 Likes

Hatch said he doesn’t believe the accuser and thinks she’s “mixed-up.”

Because you were there, Orrin? Another old white man heard from.

16 Likes

Senator Hatch, doing an impression of the president at the Joint press conference with Putin in Helsinki.

4 Likes

Good Lord, I really hope someone brought an Instamatic or Polaroid camera that day. That would be icing on the fucking cake.

Kinda interesting his Prep school buddy is already deleting shit off his social media accounts. No consciousness of guilt there boys, nosireebob.

23 Likes

Let me guess. He really didn’t know her very long and she was only around a short time? Like master, like man.

5 Likes

On the other hand there a whole heapin’ helpin’ of weird ass shit that Orin does believe.

12 Likes

Yeah I was at a lot of other parties where I got drunk as hell but not that one nor any of the others that other accusers may have been at.

11 Likes

She only got coffee one time, right?

2 Likes

I wonder if she will allow whoever treated at the time to release their notes on the assault? I would think that would be difficult for Kavanaugh to challenge.

1 Like

Would you care to repeat that under oath? Never mind. He’ll just continue lying.

5 Likes

Republican philosophy of governing: Badfaith and special pleadings. That’s it. Nothing else. Intellectually barren. If it were made manifest, it would resemble the Taklamakan Desert.

5 Likes

I’m starting to realize today that men who’ve never been sexually assaulted just don’t really comprehend the depths of how traumatizing it is. That’s why they make such stunningly stupid comments like this. They don’t get that if she didn’t know who he was before the assault, she damn well would’ve made it her business to know he was afterwards so that she could stay far the hell away from him.

23 Likes

If you read the original WaPo article it says she named two other boys who were there. Perhaps one of them was Judge who may be willing to lie for his buddy. I wonder who the other one is and what he’ll say.

6 Likes

Plus the utter gall to suggest that he remembers a random party from 36 years ago well enough to know he wasn’t there, but she has forgotten who tried to rape her! Only a Republican could run that argument.

23 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-17/white-house-is-said-not-to-ask-fbi-to-vet-kavanaugh-allegations?utm_source=twitter&utm_content=politics&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-politics

and associated tweet:

Guessing no one at the WH wants to know what the FBI might find.

After nearly 2 years - you would think they would learn what the word vetting means, and hire some folks who know how to conduct a vetting.

15 Likes

Enough sleeze spilled out onto the internet about Judge in the past day - that I seriously doubt he will be turned to to vouch for Kavanaugh.

3 Likes

Orrin Hatch, who used his position as an Elder in the Mormon Cult to try and intimidate Rob Porter’s two ex wives into recanting their truthful accusations of his wife beating. He. Is going to take the point for the Geriatric Dixiecrat GOP on this case. Brilliant.

11 Likes

Well, according to Professor Ford’s report, Kavanaugh was blotto drunk when he tried to rape her. Little wonder that he would not remember that particular incident. I wonder how many other young women he has tried to rape while equally blotto.

11 Likes

Yes and probably when she said that Kavanugh’s friend Mark Judge was part of it also, she just got him “mixed up” with someone else also.

And probably when Judge wrote an entire book about his high school years and habitually drinking to the point of forgetting anything he did, he got himself mixed up with someone else also.

When Mark Judge says “This didn’t happen” a valid response is “Uh, based on your book, how would you even know if it did or not?”

Also by the way something I haven’t seen said yet: This is only “last minute” if they rush to hold the vote on Thursday.

Whether it’s last minute or not is entirely up to them; there’s no time limit here. The only people making this last minute are Republicans insisting on closing the confirmation process before this has been investigated. If they take their time and look into things, this could be something that came up in the middle of the process.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available