Discussion: Grassley: 'We Are Working Diligently To Get To The Bottom Of These Claims'

Yeah, almost as good as Catholic priests opining on female reproductive rights. s/

4 Likes

but the Republicans didn’t think that releasing docs on the eve of the hearing was unusual. Way to drive credibility and appear ‘fair’ there Chuck G.

5 Likes

HAHAHAHA!!! Grassley has no balls! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Except…haven’t they already announced that testimony from Ford and Kavanaugh will be in closed session?

I guess Grassley’s heard that only 2 of the 65 original Kavanaugh supporters haven’t backed out their support – not to mention the letter signed by more than 200 (and counting) Holton-Oaks alumnae in support of Ford. Oh, and the Holton-Oaks headmistress’s statement that the school is “proud” of Ford for using her voice.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/christine-blasey-ford-holton-arms-brett-kavanaugh_us_5b9fb3c2e4b04d32ebfabbc6

9 Likes

Grassley said Ford “deserves to be heard,” but grumbled that committee Republicans [are going to vote to confirm him anyway, so why are we wasting time on this?]

Stating the unstated…

1 Like

Grassley is getting greener every day.

2 Likes

Just heard on MSMBC he put out a statement he was not at the party.
Questions???
He was not at the party that she does not remember exactly when or where it was…
How is that possible???

8 Likes

Here’s the latest from Kavanaugh:

How many times has this guy lied?

7 Likes

BTW, Judd Legum was the founder and editor-in-chief of ThinkProgress, and is the current author/publisher of Popular Information, a daily online newsletter. I subscribe (free for now!) and find it to be informative.

2 Likes

So she does not remember exactly when or where the party was but he does and he was not there???

8 Likes

"All of them, Katie"

(As an aside, it’s pretty sad how often I’ve been able to use this hairy old chestnut since this affair began…)

5 Likes

Yup. Just like his buddy who wrote a whole book about his [the buddy’s] blackout drinking in HS is quite sure that BK definitely didn’t do it, if it happened, which he’s sure it didn’t.

4 Likes

He earlier said he didn’t do it 36 years ago. Maybe he has an alibi for the summer of 82. And since she was unsure of the year, maybe it happened in 81 or 82?

1 Like

Questions like “How many times was he blacked out drunk in high school?”

3 Likes

Keep digging, Kavanaugh. Desperation is not a good look, but whatev.

This guy’s a lawyer? Sheesh.

4 Likes

For now…

2 Likes

At what point does he decide that he’d like to keep his law career and doesn’t need to be a Supreme Court Justice…

Or McConnell decides that there are other nominees he can much more easily ram through before midterms…

4 Likes

It’s not so much honor as it is a scam. Like a restaurant owner that says “we should listen to vegans and vegetarians when we make the menu” and then after listening puts nothing but beef and pork on the card.

I haven’t heard that.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available