Discussion: Grassley: 'We Are Working Diligently To Get To The Bottom Of These Claims'

Orrin Hatch is standing in front of a mirror, dancing to Sympathy for the Devil, gesticulating, screaming the chorus, to prepare his cross examination.

8 Likes

Me too!

3 Likes

good thread, thanks for pointing it out:

@jacksonhts
Orrin Hatch is standing in front of a mirror, dancing to Sympathy for the Devil, gesticulating, screaming the chorus, to prepare his cross examination.

delightful optics - old white guy(s) lecturing a female professor on promiscuity, drinking, etc. Should be a big hit, a real laff riot and crowd pleaser.

16 Likes

I just read that, now the rape claim is out - the 65 woman list is down to just 2.

9 Likes

OR

If you want some real justice, let me handle his last few months. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

At first glance this looks like someone is pointing a gun at Assley’s head. Ohhh.…it’s just a microphone?

Almost the same thing…

11 Likes

If you’ve got an article link, would love to see it.

1 Like

He and Arlen Spector did the dirtiest, over the top, hatchet job ad hominem cross examinations of Anita Hill.

Milquetoast Joe Biden, who I believe was the chair, literally wrung his hands after hanging Hill out to dry. And I will never forget that Senator Robb voted to confirm Clarence Thomas. And I think Oliver North then ran for Senate against him. And he barely won.

3 Likes

I posted earlier:

14 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

At this point, we should turn and thank Senator Franken for taking the high road and doing the right thing, as painful as it was for many of us. Otherwise, the Democrats would have no ground to stand on. If the women at the county fairs who said Franken touched their butts had the right to be heard, so does Kavanaugh’s accuser(s). Right?

8 Likes

Orrin Hatch and Charles Grassley having become increasingly dotty lately. Oh, and grumpy too!!

5 Likes

I wish I could comment on Josh’s post that Republicans will crawl through broken glass for this person. I’d like to add that I’ll be happy to donate as many wine and bourbon empties as I can drink.

12 Likes

Grassley, you are such a liar. You knew about this and you did nothing but try to cover it up and that’s what you would still be doing if Senator Feinstein hadn’t released that letter.

15 Likes

But, they are on the cusp of ramming an Alito and Gorsuch clone, actually one possibly more intellectually dishonest and ideology driven than those two scumbags, to the SCOTUS, so they can fuck all of us long after they are dead, and hopefully being molested in Hell for eternity.

3 Likes

He’s too senile to realize the rank hypocrisy of his grumblings. Less that 12 hours was good enough to drop tons of documents on the Dems last week…but it’s not fair to do that to Republicans!

4 Likes

This info needs to be brought to the attention of the Dem senators on that committee, with a request the info be added to the record.

4 Likes

Most of who have now fled…

Only two of the 65 women who vouched for Kavanaugh stand by him after accuser comes forward

10 Likes

If this were six weeks after the midterms instead of six weeks before the midterms, I’d be willing to bet just how much empathy Mr. Chairman would have with the accuser’s right to be heard… But to give Prof. Ford the Prof. Hill treatment right now, at this moment, could be just too much for the reelection campaign of some endangered Republican Senators. My heart goes out to Grassley and Kavanaugh and all the other little dears who were struck by a terminal case of horrendously bad timing nobody could have seen coming.

8 Likes

As an aside, I think it’s time that Democrats, especially centrist Democrats, drop the nonsense about the “majesty of the SCOTUS” as a neutral arbiter. The SCOTUS is now, first and foremost a political body. Perhaps it was always so to some extent, but the GOP has, in recent years, beginning with “Impeach Earl Warren” and continuing through the stonewalling of the Garland nomination, pretty much permanently politicized the SCOTUS.

So yeah, let’s pack the SCOTUS. And perhaps some day establish overlapping fixed terms for justices.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available