Discussion: Graham: Kavanaugh Was Treated Like 'The Slut Whore Drunk'

Not this alcoholic, apparently… everything I’ve read about him and his drinking describes him as a “mean drunk,” an “angry drunk”, etc.

He’s probably no better sober, however.

2 Likes

Agree with longriver regarding speaking ill of the dead.

I will now demonstrate Godwin’s (Real) Law by invoking You Know Who, to name just one dead person of whom it’s well to speak ill.

I could easily add to that list. It’s not short. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Coming from anyone else it would have possibly raised flags. But I think you get a pass. :slight_smile: FWIW I enjoyed it for the sheer subversion.

4 Likes

So what he’s saying is that while calling a woman who accuses a man of attempt rape “a slut” is unfair and wrong, her accusing him of attempted rape is the same thing? She’s unfairly calling him a slut by accusing him?

Or all the other stories about him that bolstered the idea that he acted exactly as she said he did were unfairly accusing him of being a slut?

And now after the immersion in the diseased logic of an extreme right-wing Republican brain, I need a brain bath. Even to try experimentally to think like one of these monsters makes you feel sick.

2 Likes

Kavanaugh is like that too. It has nothing to do with sexual preference, by the way. It’s all about who you want to impress - the other guys - and how. Mis-treating women is a bonding activity. Graham has no use for women whatsoever, so there’s not even a rejection dynamic playing a part in his contempt.

6 Likes

WHAT did he say? I sincerely hope that if he lives into old age and is dependent on the care and kindness of others, some woman caregiver treats him like the misogynistic sleazeball he is…I’m not promoting elder abuse, just elder Lindsey Graham abuse.

4 Likes

Opossums supposedly can’t get rabies due to their low body temperature, but one of their defenses is to do a really great job pretending. If you’ve ever run across a hissing, drooling possum in the middle of the day you know what I mean.
@tena

5 Likes

Um… Yes?

Yes!

Yes, he is, Lindsay. You’ve elevated a drunken whore to the supreme court.

As a matter of fact, Kavanaugh, yourself, and the party you belong to are all whores. You’re whores to the worst instincts of your base. And whores to filthy rich business interests. I also suspect that a suprisingly high number of you are whores to Vladimir Putin.

But most of all, you’re all whores to the screeching man baby in the white house, who is himself the biggest whore of them all, especially when it comes to Vlad.

2 Likes

A slut whore drunk, to be exact.

2 Likes

I thought republicans in the W administration were accusing our side of what they were doing. Hmmm, sentence sounds awkward but it is late in the day. No coffee for 4 1/2 hours. Projection , psychology 101.

1 Like

Are there really women who want to sleep with him? Ewwww.

1 Like

It appears that Lindsay Graham decided that being a “Good German” wouldn’t cut it, so he turned the volume up to eleven and went full “Simpering Sycophant.”

3 Likes

The word “hysterical” has been used for so long in the service of misogyny. Someone in another thread proposed “testerical”; I wish that would gain currency.

4 Likes

Poor ol` Ms Graham .

I never liked Graham, but his performance during the hearings was surprising even to me. It’s always seemed to me that Trump’s superpower is his ability to attract certain types of people to devotion and sycophancy, only to be used up and discarded. They’re not always obvious choices, they can sometimes be people in secure positions who you know would be better off staying there - Rex Tillerson and Jeff Sessions come to mind - but Trump does know how to identify them and lure them to their doom. I expect it’s one of his chief sources of entertainment.

2 Likes

Graham really needs to come out of the closet. The repression is eating up his brain.

The Slut ̶W̶h̶o̶r̶e̶ Rapist Drunk

FIFY Lindsay

Huh? So if we decode this… did he just say what it appears that he said?

Because it really comes across like he is trying to take the gloves off & point the finger at Dr. Ford & call her the slut-whore drunk…
Which is deeply troubling - even if one was supportive of Kavanaugh … if you sat through Dr. Ford’s testimony it is hard to imagine how you would not at least treat her with decency and dignity. Attack the opposition? OK … But to engage in thinly veiled obvious attempted “slut shaming” … well … it would seem that you need some serious psychotherapeutic help. Graham comes across like a sick sick person.

2 Likes

Lindsay has earned his tRump stamp of approval on this one. I have been surprised by Graham’s viciousness towards Dr Ford and women protesting this sham. Republicans in general are still working hard to smear and delegitmize Dr Ford, probably because 1) she showed up and testified, 2) she was credible, 3) Kavanaugh came across as completely unbelievable with that angry, guilt-laden, conspiracy-soaked screed, amd 4) for all their efforts to hide his record, Republicans were unprepared to deal with sexual assault claims they knew were coming.

Back to Lindsay. He comes across as a woman-hating small man. I can’t believe that as a Judge Advocate, he never had to work a sexual assault case, but it really isn’t about that, it’s about his continued over-the-top treatment of a woman that dared speak up. As far as his willingness to carry tRump’s water, Graham proved how truly weak he is when tRump gave out Graham’s cell number at a press conference. Candidate tRump doxxed a political opponent and the only thing that happened is Lindsay had to get a new phone number, oh, wait, Lindsay was also shown to be weak.

Lindsay Graham better be a little more careful. He’s shown he has no stomach for a fight in which he clearly doesn’t have the advantage. Notice that he hasn’t spent much time going after any of the female Democratic Senators- he knows they chew his ass up. He’s busy going after a woman with little political power and no desire to be in the media spotlight. He’s a classic woman-hating bully.

5 Likes

So I know Blasey Ford doesn’t want to go through a trial, but since Maryland has no time limit, if she did, could charges actually be brought against Kavanaugh and all the folks that should have been asked about it and how he was, be questioned?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available