Discussion: GOP Senator Reveals GOP's Biggest Fear If Obamacare Goes Down In Court

And the Repubs know they have the media essentially in their corner because at worst the media will play the false equivalency card. Otherwise the media will blame the President and the Democrats per usual. Never the GOP on their own, perish the thought. Chuck Todd would just not stand for that. :wink:

9 Likes

That is a great metaphor.

3 Likes

Yeah, but damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!

4 Likes

From the front.

3 Likes

That one sentence “Bill” would have to come from Congress, Johnson’s joint…not the President. Just sayin! And Obama has asked for a legislative fix.

15 Likes

WEBER: And the sad sack stories about who’s dying from what and why they can’t get their coverage.

‘sad sack stories’. death panels, indeed. projection – like i’ve said before, whenever republicans accuse democrats of something, you can be sure it’s already a part of their platform/mandate/belief.

14 Likes

Well, yeah. Of course. It’s obvious how that’s what will happen.

It’s the fact that he’s expressing great indignation, prospective outrage and much general butthurt at the prospect of these very sensible things happening–and, of course, the sneering contempt at those losers who dare to get insurance from Obamacare instead of just shutting the fuck up and dying in the gutter, without burdening rich white people–that’s the story.

29 Likes

I disagree. I think this is one where the media would actually blame Republicans. There’s nothing the MSM loves more than an human interest story, and kicking millions of people off their healthcare would be replete with tales of genuine human suffering. As an added bonus, it’s very easy to explain the rationale for the case and even easier to explain the fix. It’s just the kind of story the media likes to report.

I think what the GOP is really, really afraid of is that the pressure will be so great that they’ll be forced to pass a fix and that there’ll be hell to pay when they do. The last thing they want heading into a presidential election year, a year where they are facing the same headwinds the Democrats faced in '10 and '14, is to fire up the craziest, most irrational part of their base who’ll be calling for the heads of any Republican who dares cave. They’ve got six Senate seats up for grabs in states Obama won and a handful more that could be put into play if the base nominates a bigger whack job over the incumbent whack job.

14 Likes

Yep.

How about an attack ad referencing ‘death panels’ and a picture of our least-favorite Supreme Court justices?

I do like the ad that Sasse suggests; wheelchairs going over a cliff…

4 Likes

Shorter Johnson: We have met the death panels and they are wWe the GOP…

7 Likes

…and he wonders why he is down double digits in polls for the next election???

6 Likes

“…cheerleaders in the media screaming that ideologues are killing patients.”

Republicans support the lawsuit seeking to cripple the ACA. If sick patients lose insurance, suffer loss of medical care, and then die because of it how is a media portrayal of idealogues killing patients inaccurate or unwwarranted in its presentation?

14 Likes

So people who are dying are “sad sacks”? tells you all you really need to know about the GOP. What colossal assholes. Not a word of compassion for the people who will lose their coverage - just worry about being hurt politically.

17 Likes

The fear: President Barack Obama and Democrats will be ready with a one-page bill to restore the subsidies

Oh, the horror.

Don’t worry, I’m sure someone will come up with some sort of poison pill amendment like repealing the estate tax or something.

7 Likes

The sad thing is that we should have used this as a campaign issue in the last midterms to beat them about the head and shoulders.

11 Likes

In an acticle just chock-full of great ideas for attack ads (thanks, Republickens!) this really stood out for me…

“individuals that have benefited from Obamacare on the backs of the American taxpayer” and lost their coverage

…as opposed to corporations and rich moochers sitting on trillions of dollars and yet still raking in government subsidies on the backs of American taxpayers?

Yeah, I’ll support the individuals every time - and that should be true of any ‘real’ American.

12 Likes

Damn straight skippy!

And they would have won, too.

2 Likes

The best solution would be a quick fix and put it behind them but Ted Cruz would never allow it.

5 Likes

Ho-hum. Too late, Johnny Knoxville and the Jackass crew already did it.

3 Likes

Everything he fears is also so very very true and richly deserved… this fear from the “I got Mine FU” crowd about what to expect rather than actually doing something that would ensure it does not happen.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available