Discussion: GOP Rep. Resigns From Freedom Caucus After Obamacare Repeal Fails

1 Like

Whatā€™s more pathetic. Resigning from a stupid ā€˜caucusā€™ that stands for nothing but goodies for the wealthy or joining it in the first place?

And, the fact you backed that stupid bill shows you donā€™t have the grey matter to lead anything.

24 Likes

I see his second district in Texas cracked 60% for Republicans in the last four presidential elections,. He looks like a malevolent S.O.B.; Houston can keep him!

3 Likes

Baby steps. First you throw tantrums, then mommy shows you thereā€™s nothing to be gained by such behavior, then mommy asks you to model good behavior for your siblings, then you start learning to lead. Hereā€™s an idea, how about Republicans elect people who completed the standard child developmental stages prior to running?

13 Likes

just a weak attempt to say ā€œdont blame meā€.

this so called freedom caucus would make the Nazi SS blush.

interesting to me would be knowing what % of them rely on the cock brothers for their marching orders because it appears the lines are being drawn between their puppets and the mercer puppets.

andā€¦not that it concerns me but remember bannon and pence and kellyanne also now the son in lawā€¦are all mercer peopleā€¦who are in hand to hand combat with the priebus people about who is not protecting the head puppets image enough as they argue who is ā€œleakingā€ all the negative stuff.

would make a good spy novelā€¦since an incompetent clueless guy could easily be manipulated to undermine himself by a rouge staffā€¦who had that as their intention all along.

10 Likes

Mental giant.

Leaves a group that had both suppporters and opponents of the bill, so that he would have the flexibility to be a supporter of the bill, because it was just too darn important to pass a bill that would have crashed and burned in the Senate.

9 Likes

Why after all it had the full support of 17% of the voting population.
I mean whoā€™s not against punishing poor people?
Make the fuckers suffer, it builds character!

The demographics in his district must be real interesting

6 Likes

This dude must be a descendant of Edgar Allan Poe, heā€™s macabre and dark, without being literary.

1 Like

Real reason: His gerrymandered district had the highest percentage of Trump votes in 2016. Ted never does anything on principle. Heā€™s covering his own ass against backlash from the Trumpanzees.

10 Likes

When Poe was a judge and you were found guilty of, say, theft in his court, Judge Poe might order you to walk around the business you had tried to steal from with a sign that described your crime. Perhaps we can repay him by making him walk around the Capitol with a sign reading, ā€œI have been a member of the Freedom Caucus. I am stupid. I am sorry.ā€ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Poe

19 Likes

Stupid is as stupid does.

F. Gump

7 Likes

Shorter Ex Freedom Caucus Idiot: I will rejoin the caucus the day a Democrat president is elected. Or Republican lose house majority. We must always cave to Republican POTUS even if he is a Kremlin appointee.

4 Likes

Poeā€™s law:

Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone wonā€™t mistake for the genuine article.

A sad day for the Freedom Caucasians.

9 Likes

And it took you eight years to realize you were not elected to just say noā€¦ and in spite of past practices these weak links get re elected.

3 Likes

It wouldnā€™t work in a fiction novelā€¦ to bizarre and folks wouldnā€™t relate to the book!

Not to mention would have ā€œcrashed and burnedā€ many households!

1 Like

Itā€™s time to come togetherā€¦ so Iā€™m leaving.

4 Likes

Dismembering the Freedom Caucus is alright by me.

2 Likes

Help wanted: White House baby sitter for 70-year-old president

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available